Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a few blooms

Go down 
+2
Little Miss The Estate
please remove me
6 posters
AuthorMessage
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:51 pm

or should I say a few hundred ... on this bush and many others. No disease in sight - lots of bees and bugs and in spite of so much rain and humidity not even an blackspot

Monsieur Tillier aka Archduc Joseph

a few blooms P3290049

a few blooms P3290020

And cannot forget Mrs BR Cant
a few blooms P3290022

And Marie van Houtte
a few blooms P3290023

Last edited by pamela on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:53 pm

gasp They are a knock out Pamela So BIG gasp I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:23 pm

A close up would be nice..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:53 am

I dont generally take close ups as I am only interested in the roses as a garden ornament/ sculpture and it is the bush and the effect of it in bloom that I seek.

I do pick a vase for guests and will pick if there is a reason, such as a wedding or special event.

There is only one close up in the 70 I took and put on Photobucket and it is by accident so not a great shot as it is a part of the bush that was not so thick in blooms.

a few blooms P3290035

I did take a close up of Many Happy Returns as I was going to say to Cheryl this would be a good one for your shows

a few blooms P3290058
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:00 am

Thanks Pamela I am only interested in the blooms..
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:24 am

Pamela, your roses are fantastic, such huge bushes! Lovely Smile
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:27 am

banana I love the overall garden scape of your rose garden,you certaintly achieved the effect you were after .a few blooms 2978
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks Val, Cheryl and Gwen. I simply love to look and walk through my garden. The tea roses that I pictured are large bushes. Not an intense perfume but I have some others for that. With all this rain I should get out and shovel the Seamungus around all the roses and plants but I feel lazy at the moment Mad

I had a little article in Gardening Australia this month and have a $100 prize to share with my two colleagues who were involved with this. So might head up to the nursery where I can redeem my prize and buy some plants ... if in doubt, just buy more plants :-)
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:57 pm

YaY Pamela, can you post the article please I love you
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:14 am

I cannot post the article as I do not have permissions. It is on the 2nd last page of Gardening Australia in "Your Say" and is about the lady who will be 100 in a few weeks and who is an active gardener in this village. Weeding and planting and the lot. They grow them tough here. There's a few in their mid-nineties who are active in various ways in the village.

I plan to join them, riding Elle into my sunset days.
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:21 am

Thanks Pamela, but I dont buy the mag Sad
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Looks really wonderful, Pamela. So green and lush. I do wish I had big roses like that to hide the view of bare paddocks and the dry dam. LOL. I like that first rose, has it got a nice perfume?
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Not a lot of perfume Betty. Tea roses have a gentle 'tea' fragrance. I have no sense of smell so I cannot tell. But people tell me as they drive up my driveway the perfume is divine. But I have to keep working hard to make it all lovely.
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 am

I've read your article Pam, very good reading, and congratulations on your win! Did you buy something nice?
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:28 am

banana Cheryl you can see the mag. at the library , or go into the paper shop and browse through the mag.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:29 am

scratch WHAT IS A LIBRARY Laughing
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:40 am

It's somewhere where they don't sell or grow roses, Cheryl!!
laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:46 am

laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears okies duh
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:06 pm

Pamela which month I would like to read it also you say this month and posted this Topic in March.
And April's would be out now.

And a few blooms Congratulations on your article a fantastic win... thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:25 pm

Mary Anne it is the April issue out now. I would copy the article and send you except Sam tore up the magazine.

Thanks Val. I shared the prize with 2 others in this valley who were involved with the story of Elsie who turns 100 in a few weeks and really does garden. I have yet to buy my share but I will order an Alberic Barbiere (my cuttings from Karen died in teh end - probably my neglect) and also an Aimee Vibert.

Talk about being as young as you feel. I walked down to the village for lunch with Sam and there was the mid-90 year old resident standing up on a trestle strung between two rusty old scaffolding ladders painting an edging roof of terracotta tiles which he was cleaning and when I walked back from lunch he was painting them. His feet were up at my head height so he was up a far distance. This of course attracted no attention. We have a big event on in this village in a few weeks and he is obviously house proud and is giving it a nice spruce up. Good on him!

I have been doing some "core muscle" weight training at a local physio gym to improve my ability to stay on Elle and I find I no longer need to grip the bannister as I walk up stairs. And riding is getting easier. We are never too old. But after a 12 hour work day yesterday, I was so tired last night I could barely walk but after a day off today (except going to a composting workshop), I am OK.
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:26 pm

duplicate removed
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:32 pm

YaY I got the April issue in the show bag I purchased at the gardening show, will read in the morning over coffee as getting ready to go out for dinner, banana banana banana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a few blooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few blooms   a few blooms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a few blooms
Page 1 of 1