Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

lunch in the park

Go down 
+3
Gail
Little Miss The Estate
Richard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:13 pm

After shopping Jackie and me had lunch in Matawai park.
When i was a kid this area was just a Council dumping ground for there old concerte rock etc,because it used to be a swamp and has two spring in the middle this made it unsuitable for housing so the Council decided in the 70's to turn it into a native forest public park.Its been in the last five years or so that the park has started to look now well established.
Jackie feels that this park would be the ideal place for us to maybe get married one day ,but i dont know whether i'm ready yet whistle time will tell. thumb2

lunch in the park 100_0545

lunch in the park 100_0544

lunch in the park 100_0543
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:49 pm

gasp What you have not made an honest woman our of her, esp. with the kidlets whistle whistle whistle
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Yes i have, i gave her kidlets
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:18 pm

A beautiful park, should be more places like that in towns. As Gympie is prone to flooding in the centre of town, the council has developed big parks with beautiful gardens but more formal than that one... I like informal best. Many of the workers have their lunch there.

As long as you are both happy, that's all that matters. flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:19 pm

medburygardens wrote:
Yes i have, i gave her kidlets
, well about time you tied the knott beer beer beer
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Its alright cheryl the doctor has already tied a knott..or two laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Rolling Eyes okies Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Gail wrote:
A beautiful park, should be more places like that in towns. As Gympie is prone to flooding in the centre of town, the council has developed big parks with beautiful gardens but more formal than that one... I like informal best. Many of the workers have their lunch there.

As long as you are both happy, that's all that matters. flower

Probelm is theres been some little **** has tryed set fire to the place many times over the last year or so,Is Gympie on flat land is it Gail
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:16 pm

Quote :
Is Gympie on flat land is it

Total opposite Richard... very hilly and a major river runs alongside so when we get heavy rain there is nowhere for the water to go except in all the gullies and valleys between the hills. The main street goes under water up to ceiling height about every 10yrs on average.
Here's some pics from the last big floods in 1999.
http://www.gympieweather.com/flood99.htm
In the photo labelled Big Pineapple - all the water on the left is the river, all in the centre and to the right is low ground that has been made into parks... you can see why gasp

At the moment the river is up due to torrential rains just south of us but she isn't high enough to cause any problems... expected to peak at 7.5m later tonight... in 1999 she peaked at 21.95m.
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:28 am

you say that they have turned it into parks,what was there before?, houses??what about those shops are they still there also?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Dirt Poker

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:02 am

Hey Richard pity you are not here...a local...I am a civil celebrant now (was a minister) and could tie the knot....not the medical knot...but the real one that grabs....Smile Then you could get breakie in bed for Jackie
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:03 am

Lovely park, Medburygardens....would make a lovely setting for a wedding...;)

I saw that pineapple on the TV only the other day, Maryanne...quite a co-incidence to see a photo of it flooded.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Dirt Poker

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:09 am

we could all pop in and enjoy the event
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:14 am

Thanks Daniel i'll keep that in mind,Hey Daniel,Jackie would breakie in bed this morning.

Jenny you can call me Richard if you like thumb2
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Dirt Poker

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:18 am

she would....well you da man
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:10 am

Jenny, the pineapple that you saw on tv was probably the Nambour one, our pineapple (which had been there longer) had to be pulled down about a year ago due to major roadworks Sad

Richard, the shops are still there. Every time it floods, there are talks about moving the main street but the way Gympie was built originally in the 1800s by gold miners who followed the gullies, means there isn't anywhere it could go nearby without destroying other businesses and homes. It is something everyone gets used to, there are flood evacuation plans, river level monitoring,and everyone gets stuck in to move shop contents, etc... if you want an example of a town working together just check Gympie out at flood time. Here is a couple of pics of the park when dry and other pics.

http://www.cooloola.org.au/content_article.php?ArticleID=7&CategoryID=49 scroll down to the bottom

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1532322362083653952JUBRHT

http://coolayla.com/?cat=4

The govt in their great wisdom... not... wants to build a dam above Gympie to supply water for Brisbane and they say it will reduce floods in Gympie... it will by less than half a metre but also increase the time Gympie stays under water... as it is the water gets away fast but with a dam it won't... and the dam would have to be kept at below 40% full at all times to help stop flooding but at that amount the dam will be like a swamp as it would be a wide shallow dam... I could go on... if you want have a look at this http://travestonswamp.info/
Back to top Go down
Bubba Louie
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Bubba Louie

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Gail wrote:
The govt in their great wisdom... not... wants to build a dam above Gympie to supply water for Brisbane and they say it will reduce floods in Gympie... it will by less than half a metre but also increase the time Gympie stays under water... as it is the water gets away fast but with a dam it won't... and the dam would have to be kept at below 40% full at all times to help stop flooding but at that amount the dam will be like a swamp as it would be a wide shallow dam... I could go on... if you want have a look at this http://travestonswamp.info/

Don't get me started.

Some dear friends had to sell their property. The exclusion zone only took the bottom of their 5 acres but they had to give up the lot. They get to rent it back but imagine how a dedicated gardener must feel knowing their trees are all going to be destroyed.

I had family at Moy Pocket who had farmed there forever. They've left now and the dam isn't going to effect where they were anyway but they think it's a total joke and will never be successful.
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks for the info Gail thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:07 pm

thumb2 Richard you should not have slipped in the info. about nuptials etc . cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:21 pm

Oh well gives us something extra to chat about,at least i dont have to worry about me forgetting about our wedding anniversaries. lol!
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Richard, the anniversaries are the fun bit when you can have a good excuse to be kid-free for the day thumb2
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:50 am

duh duh You are so right duh duh righto Daniel what are you doing next weekend laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 am

Didn't Daniel say that he was heading to NZ soon... winky-winky
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:01 am

It would be nice to have a forum Wedding angel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lunch in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: lunch in the park   lunch in the park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lunch in the park
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: Fun and Chat :: Photo Gallery Free-for-all-
Jump to: