Share | 

Cuddles, under the influence

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Betty
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Cuddles, under the influence   Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:16 pm

of an anaesthetic that is. Laughing I picked her up at 11am, or rather my vet did to carry her out to our station wagon, and the poor girl is still getting over her anaesthetic at 5pm, she was snoring when I took this photo and even the flash didn't wake her. LOL. My dogs like to be different. The huge lipoma(fatty cyst) she had inside a hind leg didn't just pop out as it should, he said it was like it wasn't fully formed so he had to scrape it out. Yuk! Glad I didn't stay to watch. gasp Poor girl is no doubt very sore, and she is the biggest woose, when she's awake enough to know it's sore I'll bet she becomes a bad patient.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:40 pm

I am so please Betty as I know you where worried sick about her I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Glad to hear Cuddles is sleeping it off...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:03 am

I had a friend ask me tonight how many stitches she has but I'm not even looking. Don't want her thinking there is anything to worry about. LOL. You can't keep a good cattle dog down. She ate her dinner, is drinking a ridiculous amount of water, and toileting better all the time. A bit wonky to start with. She'll be fine.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 am

Lets hope she can try and be a nice girl now Betty and not bully her friends club
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:34 am

Such an appealing face. I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Brenda
Dirt Poker

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:14 am

AAAWWW Bless there there there there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:37 am

Such a devoted face! Adorable. Was the pathology benign? You didn't say so I am presuming that it was all OK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Ruler of the known Universe

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:16 pm

she's gorgeous.
anesthetic is hard.
we know all about it in this house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gardendelights.forumotion.net
Betty
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Pitta wrote:
Such an appealing face. I love you I love you

Don't be fooled by the face, Gwen. She adores us, loves our cats, adopts baby lambs, but is a dog aggressive, very adept fighter. It's like living with a ticking time bomb. I am not even sure about trusting her with strangers. At shows we called her "She- who- never- rests" because while all the others lay down and slept, she would sit up all day and grumble at anyone who walked past. There is something just a bit off about her. If I tick her off she acts as if it can't possibly be her I'm crooked on, it has to be another dog, and hey, let me just go and bash into it for you. LOL. Having said all that, she does have loads of expression, I'll really miss that sweet face when she's gone.

Cheryl, she will NEVER stop being a bully. Mad

No pathology done, Pamela. Brian was sure it was not cancer, but anyway, she is 13 on her next birthday so there is no way I'd put her through chemo at that age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:52 pm

I wish I had a guardian angel like that. Sam is becoming devoted but I suspect she would lick any intruder and wag her tail.

Glad she is on the mend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betty
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Yes, a Golden would probably allow a burglar in with a big smile and waving tail. Suits you though, Pamela, she'll be great with your guests. We'll have to at least start thinking about where our next cattle dog pup will come from as my remaining pair are both nearly 13. Then it's which colour? Dog or bitch? Must say that my males have been the best gaurds. Might just take a look at some ACD kennels websites soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:40 am

Yes the main 'problem' is her adoration of children. And other dogs but children are the number one. When she hears them she just HAS to get there and lie on her back with legs in the air and lick and lick and some jumping. So I have to keep her in 'her' garden behind the garage next to the horses but if she is inside, which is often as she wants to be with me, if I go out the door she is passionate about slipping through my legs and then whammo ...off to the visiting dogs or kids she is.

She goes to Puppy School with me on Sunday and when I can rely upon her not to jump (she IS getting better), it will not be so bad if my guests invite her outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betty
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:20 am

I hope she will settle down for you, Pamela. Some of the best cattle dogs can be very gentle with children, for instance my first bitch would stand nose to nose with a toddler and not do a thing to even put the child off balance. They are protective of children too, doesn't matter whose. LOL. A friend said that neighboring children were playing with hers out on the street and stayed out too long, whereupon dad came out and chastised them. He shouldn't have hit a child in front of her cattle dog because she nailed him. Laughing Nowadays though I don't know what the overall temperament is like.
Goldens are very trainable, so a bit of maturity and training and you'll most likely have the perfect dog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betty
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Just a little update on Cuddles following her operation. My vet inspected the swelling, laid her on her side, swabbed it and stuck a large gauge needle in. No local anaesthetic. It's a bit "Eeeewww, yuk" but he drained maybe 2 cups of old blood and serum out of it, bearing in mind that it was a large lipoma he'd removed, it left quite a hole. She just lay there quietly, didn't flinch, I think she found it a relief. Anyway, he thinks it should heal okay now but will drain it again if there is still fluid there when he removes her stitches. If there is none I'll remove them myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:53 pm

Ack Ack Ack thanks for the update betty Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betty
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Exactly, Cheryl, although seeing it was worse than just hearing about it. Ack gasp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:14 am

Glad to hear it is progressing although why didn't he put a (little) tube in for drainage?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:15 am

Cuddles is doing so well for her age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:32 am

I think the position of the incision wasn't great for that, Pamela. To add a tube would have meant a second incision and I'm glad he didn't bother, more chance of infection, whereas this way it healed well, the sutures look great, and the only worry is fluid, which is easily drained when a patient behaves as well as she did. But who knows, in hindsight I wonder if he wishes he had?? LOL. Maybe I'll ask him. He just said to treat her as normal - in other words, don't worry, be happy?

Morning, Gwen. Yes, she is doing well for an oldie. They are very tough dogs though and when my absolute all time special dog, Shady, got pyometra (an infected uterus) at 13 1/2, well maybe any other breed and I'd have thought of putting her down, but she sailed through her op. too, finally having to be helped on her way at 15 years and 4 months following a massive stroke. God willing, Cuddles could live that long. A friend's ACD in the States has just had its 16th birthday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cuddles, under the influence   

Back to top Go down

Cuddles, under the influence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: Around the yard-
Jump to: