Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor

Go down 
+6
tony
Karingal
Little Miss The Estate
lorraine
Richard
please remove me
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Empty
PostSubject: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:45 am

The site is reallllllllly annoying me now with the "you are the nth visitor" - teh beep goes in incessantly and I have to turn off my browser. Any option you choose such as "no thank you" just excites it more. Can anyone kill it?
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:01 am

thank goodness i've got nothing like that poping up on my pooter thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
lorraine
Dirt Poker
lorraine

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:13 am

nothing here either so all good my end
Hi Richard
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:19 am

Seems odd that some people have that problem and not others
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:28 am

It is intermittent R, club
Back to top Go down
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:54 am

medburygardens wrote:
Seems odd that some people have that problem and not others
if you use Firefox they have Add-ons which remove such ads. I didn't have the Add-ons enabled that is why I could see the ads.
I guess it's a small price to pay for the forum and it is only on one page.
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:27 am

It only pops up the bing one on the home page I have found scratch
Back to top Go down
tony
Dirt Poker
tony

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:53 am

I have a pop up on the main page, if you try to close it, it just opens another window. Plus the annoying beep beep beep. As I mostly use my work computer I need to be extra careful of not introducing a virus.
But alas I have to say, because of the pop-ups I don't log in a much.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:30 am

I haven't had a problem with the noise but if you use firefox get adblock. I think IE has a similar ad blocker. I've been using Chrome lately and they don't have an ad blocker Sad

One thing I don't do is ever, ever click on those ads especially those ones that ask you to click x for some reason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:38 am

Little Miss The Estate wrote:
It is intermittent R, club

But i dont get any pop ups at all, the only ones i get are on P B
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:43 am

They aren't talking about pop-ups but the ads that are now appearing on the home page at the top.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:47 am

I just realised.. are they talking about pop-ups as PMs are a pop-up on here many people have allowed pop-ups so others may come through to. I haven't allowed pop-ups but it tells me when I have one so I can allow each separate pop-up if I have a message.
Back to top Go down
tony
Dirt Poker
tony

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:33 am

As well as the ad on the main page it is obvious that some of us are recieving pop-up adds. These P/U's, on my computer are free floating, and, as mentioned if you try to close them via the close window button it automatically opens a new window taking you to the adds original content, at that stage its a quick close of the browser. I would be open to discussion of paying for the site as so to eliminate all advertising.
t
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 7:42 am

They are driving me crazy, the one that goes bing bloody bing is the only one bad day
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ruler of the known Universe
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:22 am

ok folks...i have heaps to do today, but later this arvo i can spend some time looking into what to do.
i didn't realize these were actually popups.
i HAVE allowed popups from this site, because of the PMs. so far...i've not had a single pop up. it is really disturbing to find this out. i will definitely attack it sometime today.
hang tight!
Back to top Go down
https://gardendelights.forumotion.net
tony
Dirt Poker
tony

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:43 am

cool bananas, your a legend
t
Back to top Go down
tony
Dirt Poker
tony

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:24 am

I have just noticed in the "I'm back, by Di Taylor" tread, a posting by me has certain words underlined (not by me). When you scroll over these words, new adds appear associated with those words. And will no doubt take you to another site.
I think we have been infiltrated, get the DDT.
t
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:28 am

That's strange Tony. I just had a look and I can't see any underlined words/links... but then I don't get pop-ups either. What browser do you use - firefox, IE or something else?
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 am

I am not getting those either Tony:
To block them in IE click on to Tools, In FF Tools, Options, Content..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
tony
Dirt Poker
tony

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:21 pm

I've just checked, the underlining of those words has dissapeared.
Plastic, came up with tarpaulins and wanted me to go to sales of that item. and bag wanted me to go to "Billy Bag" leather hand bags sales.
As I'm using a work computer through their system I'm a little reluctant to go about making waves within the system and/or change preset configurations. We should have sufficent filters, it is after all NSW Health. No bugs here!
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:58 pm

I am not getting those just as well too club
Yes I guess you cannot play around with the Taxpayers money.
Even if some of yours probably helped pay for that Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Th06010425
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:04 am

I have the adds. Annoys me, but just try to ignore it so far. "Small price to pay" from my perspective.
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:55 am

the bing bing one seems to have stopped now scratch
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:59 pm

They have all stopped now.. Tessa has got rid of them thumb2
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:42 pm

Tessa, you are a legend in my lunchbox!!!!! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor   Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damn ads and being the so-called nth visitor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: From the Veggie Patch-
Jump to: