Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need a mould remover in your bathroom...

Go down 
+4
Little Miss The Estate
Jennywren
Mary-Anne
Gail
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Empty
PostSubject: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:21 am

... try a slug Ack

Apparently slugs love mould and are very good at eating the mould in bathrooms... I'm just not sure whether I like the idea of slug slime replacing the mould geek

This is a native Red Triangle Slug... one of the good guys as they only eat microscopic algae on tree trunks... and bathroom mould... and don't have a snack in the vegie garden on the way past. We found it out in the open crawling across the backyard this morning. One of the kids is taking it to school for a 'show and tell' and then it is going back into the garden.
Need a mould remover in your bathroom... 29thApril09RedTriangleSlug600x450

Need a mould remover in your bathroom... 29thApril09RedTriangleSlug1600x450
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 am

Good specimen for Show and Tell Gail interesting colour, new to me..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:29 am

I haven't seen a slug like that one before. I have heard about the slugs in the shower, not quite my scene either..Smile
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:21 am

My shower would need more than 1 ATM bathtime lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:42 am

thumb2 Nice slug Cheryl I remember them from my Victorian days . They are very beneficial to the garden.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:45 am

HEY Cheryl what happened to the pics you were going to put on post of the results from the canine beauty parlour trip.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:48 am

What a beautiful slug!
Back to top Go down
tessa
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
tessa

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:32 am

gosh, it almost makes you feel sorry for a slug, eh?
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:42 pm

woops Sorry, I took a few of them sleeping last night but have to download then first, will post later for you hammer
Back to top Go down
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:21 am

interesting looking thing gail, dont know if i'd want them in the bathroom either but then again if they did a good job of keeping the shower clean Question

I heard on the radio the other day that escargo farmers cant keep up with demand are are looking for garden snails to help with their breeding, very strange Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Gail I found one of those slugs on the roses with the scale on them yesterday afternoon I did not realize it was a slug till the oil mixture ran off it and I seen the red markings, I though it was a lump of scale such great camouflage
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:21 am

It's good that you have some native ones Mary-Anne, it means that you are starting to achieve a balance. Apparently they are fairly common but not seen often as they live under bark. I'm glad the pest slugs don't get as big as these guys do though. gasp

I've never really thought of it before but I wonder whether white oils are harmful to slugs, frogs and other animals with similar skins. I'd imagine it could block their skins like it does with scale. I'll have to look it up later and see. A home made vegetable oil one shouldn't be as bad as the commercial ones at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:20 am

I thought that too Gail about the oil as you know I dont like to spray anything with all those little frogs here and now that Dusty the baby B.Dragon has been on the rose bush I left that one alone being a standard I did spray the stem/trunk before I got up to the top and seen it, I put pics on that rose topic.

I made my own from the GA site 1 cup of canola oil, 1/2 cup of water a few drops of morning fresh dishwashing detergent shake well.

Then I put 30mm of that to one litre of water I had to work that one out as they made it by the bucketful winky-winky

I hope I got it right..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a mould remover in your bathroom...   Need a mould remover in your bathroom... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a mould remover in your bathroom...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: Around the yard-
Jump to: