Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Few Bees.

Go down 
+4
Gail
Pitta
Little Miss The Estate
Mary-Anne
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
plucking good
Dirt Poker

A Few Bees. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:46 pm

i don't know if bees have arms.....but all 6 legs would have been pretty tired i'd say
what i find amazing is that on my trip home when i didn't know it was still there i was going at freeway speed...100kph, and the little guy must have been clinging with all 6
with any luck it found its hive ok
Back to top Go down
plucking good
Dirt Poker

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:47 pm

i MUST get an avotar!!!!!

tess is sposed to be helping me as i don't know how to do it

watch this (empty) space
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:50 pm

flower You need a plucked chook as one Laughing Laughing whistle
Back to top Go down
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Fabulous, fabulous phots Mary-Anne...the are tops. thumb2 thumb2

plucking good wrote:
i know just the cure for swine flu.........oinkment

and on bees.....
i drove to my thursday choir rehearsal last night and as i was pulling away, i noticed a bee on by windscreen, right in line of sight. kept driving cos i thought it would fly off....well it didn't and i was heading for the freeway. felt a bit sorry for it so tried not to go too fast....went about 90kph...and i could see it bunkering down, holding on for dear life. 30 min later i arrived at my destination, was dark by now...bee still there.
decided to leave it , let it fly off.
drove home afterwards, back down the freeway.
this morning drove off to work. on the left side of the windscreen...the BEE is STILL there....alive. bunkered down as i drive.
came out during the morning to see if it was still there, but its gone. i'm kinda relieved that it has a good chance of getting back to its colony after its all night escapade !
What a beeeutiful story PG. winky-winky
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:24 pm

scratch I thinks the first one would make a nice new S/saver for me work pooters MA prayer worship worship
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:39 pm

I would get on to Tessa too ya got to have a avatar Liz.

Thanks so much Fay glad you like them, not so steady holding the camera these days whistle

Cheryl sorry they are cropped and are too small Sad
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:18 am

Oh well, next time thumb2
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:51 am

Cheryl the only thing with insect pics is to see them they have to be cropped to a certain extent and that makes most of them too small for the wide screens monitors of today..

Having said that I will keep you in mind for a Bee on something white
Which does not happen often though.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:07 pm

All okies, see I have to open the thread and I get to see em again anyways banana
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Mary-Anne, obviously, when it comes to your photography, it's not wise to bypass it thinking if you've seen one bee you've seen them all. That's amongst the best photography I've seen, and I was known to cruise through pbase a lot in the past. Do you ever enter photo's for competitions?
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks so much Betty ..There are lots of bees around Betty I really enjoy capturing insects best but with a macro lens on your camera you have to be very still, and I am not I seem to get more shaky every year Very Happy I have a monopod (one leg instead of three like a tripod) which I used all the time with the macro lens I do have a tripod but find it very awkward to carry around I am now saving for a lighter better one or a better ball head for my monopod.

No I dont go in for competitions my work is not that good when you see what others can do.
I do submit on a Art Site and have lots of friends there they favour my work and that's enough for me..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Bees.   A Few Bees. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Few Bees.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2