Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More Bright Orange Tropicals..

Go down 
+2
Betty
Mary-Anne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Empty
PostSubject: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Its been so warm here since the rain started last week its started the plants flowering again Question

Pyrostegia venusta aka Orange Trumpet Vine or Creeper:

More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Bright-IMG_9612---Copy-1

Hibiscus Junes Joy:

More Bright Orange Tropicals.. May-Flow-IMG_0016

Gerbera Double:

More Bright Orange Tropicals.. May-Flow-IMG_9963---Copy

Closer one of the background one above only more orange in the centre:

More Bright Orange Tropicals.. May-Flow-IMG_9964

What's you looking at...

More Bright Orange Tropicals.. May-Birds-IMG_9911

Epidendrum aka Crucifix orchid:

More Bright Orange Tropicals.. May-Flow-IMG_9799
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:06 pm

What a belligerant looking Lorikeet. Laughing Laughing

Another really flashy, beautiful hibiscus. I love you My thought when I saw the Gerbera was "OMG! A hairy gerbera" gasp I have never seen the double before. It kinda looks like a Dandelion gone wrong. Lovely though. Haven't seen that orchid either, it's divine. Lucky you, living where orchids aren't a problem.

Great photography as usual, Mary-Anne.
Back to top Go down
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Lovely photos, MA, I like the orange theme.
I think that lorikeet may have an attitude problem..or perhaps she was having a 'bad hair day'. winky-winky
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:34 pm

nice pics Ma, I dont have many orange flowers Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:16 pm

Thanks Betty, That Lorikeet was probably having a go at me as I was creeping closer Laughing
That Hibiscus it one of my medium sized one its only about 15 cms across
My biggest Hibiscus just under 30 cms across is Tarantella..
Dare I tell you that those orchids can get almost invasive

You have not seen any double Gerbera before I will put a topic on for you of the ones I used to have
Sadly they got some kind of virus two years back and the flowers turned green so I turfed them out
And only kept the three or four that were in a different bed they are saucer size flowers..

Fay that Lorikeet plus a few of his mates had come for a bath.
And it had just done a big shake to get the water off it..
I have so many orange flowers.. Thanks for that..

Cheryl you have no orange flowers gasp I bet you have plenty of orange roses thumbs-up
So glad you like the pics..
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:45 pm

thumb2 BEAUTIFUL MA.. You sent me 3 crucifix ochid ,orange,red and lilac . Is that the same orange one in your pic. mine are growung on a Livistonia palm trunk doing well.

Your Hibiscus are always a delight.

Sunday is the last day of AUTUMN More Bright Orange Tropicals.. 3088 More Bright Orange Tropicals.. 3090
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Thanks Gwen I have a few different Hibiscus, yes that would be the same Crucifix orchid...
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:27 am

NO, Mary-Anne you don't dare tell me that about the orchids. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad That might be the one thing that would convince me Queensland is okay. LOL.
I can hear that Lorikeet screeching at you "Get out of my bathroom!"". laughing wit tears They aren't a real kind sort of bird, are they? Not like galahs, or even my gentle sulphur crested cockatoo girl.
I'd love to see the gerberas but if you've posted photo's already - not tonight. Have to be up bright and early to have some blood taken over at the hospital, then it's shopping.(Heading for the garden centres - woohoo!!) I'm well overdue going to bed.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:59 am

I think I need to put the sunnies on flower

When I was sorting out PB a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my pyrostegia flowered in May last year but this year it is only just starting to bud up now. The year before it didn't start until July.

The others are looking good. I don't think anyone could kill a crucifix... except maybe the white. Did yours ever grow? I think mine is still the same size as two years ago Sad

I love those lories... such characters and personality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:12 am

Mary-Anne wrote:
Fay that Lorikeet plus a few of his mates had come for a bath.
And it had just done a big shake to get the water off it..
I was kidding, re 'bad hair'...he looks cute. We have them come here in flocks, usually to the Bottlebrush tree. I wouldn't mind them coming down into the bird bath....that would be a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:15 am

Yes Betty they are very noisy bird, re Double Gerbera I would have to find them first as its been a while.
Hope you go ok today giving and buying... winky-winky

Can you put a bird bath there somewhere Fay, two of ours are real cheapies a one metre treated pine post and a big pot saucer from Bunnings..
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:03 am

They are very bright Gail and more flowers on that Hibiscus out today..
The pyrostegia started budding a few weeks ago and I took this pic last week actually I am shocked or maybe surprised would be the right word as yours usually starts weeks before mine which is never in mid-may its more the last week in June or July before it starts Question

Yes well like yours that white crucifix orchid has not grown much at all I just went out and took this pic

More Bright Orange Tropicals.. W-C-Orchid-IMG_0072

Took the ruler too just under 12 cms so it has grown a little but not much it has thickened up since I dug it up late last year and put in back in a pot gee Nov 07 that's a long time for such small growth maybe next year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:51 am

I think I will give up expecting anything out of my white one Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:59 am

I am beginning to feel the same way Gail..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Bright Orange Tropicals..   More Bright Orange Tropicals.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Bright Orange Tropicals..
Page 1 of 1