Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Still Raining..

Go down 
+2
Karingal
Mary-Anne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Its been raining most of the day and yesterday we have probably only got about 70mm all up, but the ground is so wet from last months rain and the two lots before that it wont soak in any more..

I don't know if the Jacaranda tree will take much more of this water
Last month it was laying across the fence and its still tied up.

Still Raining.. Rain-June-IMG_2405

The roses are under water again that used to be a raised bed once.
The weight of the water has dropped it down so much.

Still Raining.. Rain-June-IMG_2399

These waterholes is where I planted the Anemones and Ranunculi for 6 years
Cant do it anymore as they all rot when it rains.

Still Raining.. Rain-June-IMG_2400

This Bed is full of bulbs Gails November lilies in that pool and my orange Lilium

Still Raining.. Rain-June-IMG_2401

Its the same all over the block even the grass is under water.

Still Raining.. Rain-June-IMG_2391

Little rivers all heading for the back fence.

Still Raining.. Rain-June-IMG_2428

Charles Austin was a mass of blooms only three days ago
Now there is only one left the rest are scattered on the ground Crying or Very sad

Still Raining.. Rain-June-IMG_2396

Rain is good, but I wonder when it will stop raining Sad
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Gee, and here I was having a whinge...you certainly have copped it MA...I hope you have plenty of fine, sunny days ahead.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:07 pm

Is it supposed to be your wet or your dry season up there?? If it were me I'd have a nice row of Standard roses in BIG pots on my verandah until either it stopped raining or the bed could be raised more. The rose and bulb bed is enough to make you weep, I agree. Poor Charles Austin. Sad
Hope you get lots of sunshine soon, Mary-Anne.
Back to top Go down
Marleneann
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Marleneann

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Mary-Anne you certainly have had more rain then here on the coast.
Back to top Go down
http://home.iprimus.com.au/marleneann/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:25 pm

Yes we could do with a few sunny days now Fay..

Would you believe its the dry Season Betty, I do know that Brissie gets the occasional Winter rain but I am not sure when as we have only lived here for ten years this year and we had drought for over seven years so this wet is kind of all new to us.. I am going to give up on the roses Betty I have had enough Crying or Very sad

Marlene a lot of the problem is the solid clay soil the rain water cannot soak in any more..
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:39 pm

MA aLL that water , its so out of season, your poor plants, some won't survive all that soaking. enough to make a grown man cry.Up here we need that rain badly.Not much you can do except wait till it dries up .
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:17 pm

No a lot of plants wont survive all this rain Gwen last months rain took over a week to soak in that was five weeks ago and I have not watered the garden since only the hanging baskets last Thursday the full tanks never even got a chance to get used so all the rain water has gone down the back this time..
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 4:45 am

One of the few benefits of living on a slope - at least we get some run-off... except where the idiot who originally levelled the house yard sloped it backwards so water sits around the sheds and behind the house in wet weather. We have to make sure that everything is off the ground in the sheds. We've hardly got any grass left behind the house... been all mud for weeks.

Just wondering if council can do something about the neighbours behind blocking under the fence. Years ago, a neighbour of my parents were made to keep the fence line of another neighbour clear as water backed up.

About every ten years on average, Brissie and SE Qld have a wetter than average winter. Last one I remember was in 1998 or 1999, not sure which now... often followed by several dry years. One benefit of wet winters... it is usually warmer and less frosts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:50 am

That back neighbour has spent many thousands of dollars trying to fix up his mistake Gail but has made it worse especially since he built the big busport on the fence line for his Winnebago and he is such a nice Guy whistle

We came down here from Townsville in 99 and that was a very wet year in the S.E. after living up North in drought for five years apart from the rain from Cyclone Justin if was great to see all the green grass on the drive down, and we did not see much green grass after that with so many years of drought here too.

I prefer the too much rain to too little gee I hope we are not going to have a repeat of the last 10 years that was heartbreaking.. Crying or Very sad And yes the weather has certainly warmed up a lot the past week banana banana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Still Raining.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still Raining..   Still Raining.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Still Raining..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: In the Garden-
Jump to: