Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Poor Girls..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

My Poor Girls.. Empty
PostSubject: My Poor Girls..   My Poor Girls.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:23 pm

The chook yard is under water again..

My Poor Girls.. Rain-June-IMG_2412

Look at the poor girls.. Amazing they don't have muddy feet
Thankfully the other side of their big yard is only muddy

My Poor Girls.. Rain-June-IMG_2416

Water everywhere at the back

My Poor Girls.. Rain-June-IMG_2426

It only seeps out a little at the time.

My Poor Girls.. Rain-June-IMG_2430

This poor little waterlily looks like its going under for the last time Crying or Very sad

My Poor Girls.. Rain-June-IMG_2440

I wonder how long it will take to dry up this time... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

My Poor Girls.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Poor Girls..   My Poor Girls.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Heavens, that is a lot of water..I hope the girls fare OK.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

My Poor Girls.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Poor Girls..   My Poor Girls.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

That photo of the water pooled at the back fence, where you say it only seeps out slowly .... no offence but it makes me want to jump right in and do my version of singing and dancing in the rain. Very Happy In other words just seeing water laying like that delights me, BUT I know what a pain it is for you. Wouldn't it be rotting the bottom of the fence?
Those poor chooks, they look so bedraggled. Nothing smells worse than wet chook feathers, have you noticed? I should send up the two dozen or so Wood Ducks that were on our dam, they'd be quite at home with your chooks.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

My Poor Girls.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Poor Girls..   My Poor Girls.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Yes they will be fine Fay they have a outdoor patio for when it rains and when the big nasty birds fly over top, and they have a big chook house they just look so wet I wanted to dry them off but I after all they are birds so probably used to it..

Betty the fence will probably rot as Arthur at the back after having the soil removed about a meter lower than our block for his 20 mt shed it used to get flooded now he has bricked a garden up to the bottom of our fence and put some concrete between the spaces so when it rains now I go out with the crowbar *gee its heavy* and I do my little bit to help the water go down faster and when the fence does fall down he will be paying for it by himself believe me laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

My Poor Girls.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Poor Girls..   My Poor Girls.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 4:30 am

The girls may start to grow webbed feet soon. lol! Our pen is very muddy at the moment but enough of a slope for water run-off - just have to be careful we don't do a quick sit down in the mud as it is so slippery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

My Poor Girls.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Poor Girls..   My Poor Girls.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:57 am

I think they need webbed feet after all the rain we have had this year Gail whistle

Tony has done a lot of paving around the big chook house near the gate as they have scratched it all up and it was so muddy and slippery when it was wet I have put paving outside the gate also but the water just runs over it now, I think a lot of it will have to be raised again..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Poor Girls.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Poor Girls..   My Poor Girls.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Poor Girls..
Page 1 of 1