Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

They are definitely not stupid.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

They are definitely not stupid. Empty
PostSubject: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:22 am

We've just had almost 3/4 of an inch of rain with gale force wind, so all my sheep are wet, except for this smart girl who wasn't having her lamb out in the rain, thank you! Very Happy Her fleece is dry, the lamb is dry and strong, but I have her locked in the stable now to keep baby safe from crows , keep it warm and make sure it is drinking. Ordinarily the sheep won't sleep in the stable, but she knew a good maternity ward when she saw it. I assume this is a boy going on the size of his head, I'll check that out later. He nearly got up when I arrived with the camera then must have realised he'd seen me earlier. LOL. You can see the Border Leicester head shape already, but I think he(she?) is lovely all the same.

They are definitely not stupid. 25th_a11
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:02 am

Aww Betty that is so beautiful..

They are definitely not stupid. Congratulations on your baby They are definitely not stupid. Lamb

It looks lovely and warm there for Mum and Bub .They are definitely not stupid. 2125
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 am

Thanks. You know, we think he is actually drinking while lying next to her. Our nephew just did a chaff delivery, for the ponies, and when he looked he was sure it was on a teat. Oh, and it is a ram lamb. The weather is deteriorating fast so I won't open the stable unless it looks like more will lamb today. If not I will just leave it open tonight, though they do have other dry spots they can lamb.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 am

Clever Boy.. thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:39 pm

banana Such a lovely sight , new life , new hope .
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:32 pm

A lovely photo, Betty..and he is so cute. thumb2
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:14 pm

I've had to turf him out into the cold cruel world, sad to say. Crying or Very sad Well, I left the stable door open so mum can go out for a pick of grass anyway. If she's off it for too long she may bloat if she goes out and gets a bellyfull of it. This lamb already has a touch of diarrhoea, maybe from drinking too much. LOL.
It's always lovely, Gwen, when the new babies start arriving, I love you and I agree Fay, this little guy is cute. He has got real heavy little legs, no wonder I thought she was having twins, he was taking up a lot of room. It's going to be hard to guess how many they are having because of them not being shorn.
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Awwww - gorgeous!! What a dear little fellow flower

Another harbinger of Spring! Thank you Betty!
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:26 pm

My pleasure, Val. I may go back out and shut them up for the night actually. She won't graze at night and I may as well give her some security. She's standing guard at the door. One last check on the others before bed too. None are off on their own so hopefully won't be any more lambs tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They are definitely not stupid.   They are definitely not stupid. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They are definitely not stupid.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: Around the yard-
Jump to: