Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Garden Art Wall

Go down 
+2
Betty
Karingal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:59 pm

I have been trying to find an answer for covering the side of a shade house that is alongside our new table and chairs/outdoor area ????
Then I remembered these old plastic blinds that were under the house....hhhmm.. so here is the first attempt...it was to get a bit of an idea for possible ideas.
Garden Art Wall GardenArtWallPREThurs392009060
hhhhmmm me thinks it is a bit bland... so I used some blank canvas bits...excess spray paint, add a bit of Grandfather's Beard AND the table runner..(now newly assigned) ..presto...here is next result..it has a bit more tizz me thinks...Garden Art Wall GardenArtWallSunday692009077
I love trying to create something..it gives me pleasure... I thought of the table runner at approx 2am this morning.. no wonder I am awake for hours on end..lol..
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:33 pm

That's wonderful, Fay. You have such a flair for this, I think I'd make a real hash of it. Looks great. thumb2
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Fay it really is taking shape, the bamboo runner looks very effectice against the matchbox blind.The colour panels look great . I''m sure it will change again before it gets so grown with plants you won;t be able to change it.So well done Fay. flower flower thumb2 thumb2
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:17 am

Thanks Betty and Gwen...it added a bit of colour to my day. I could fiddle all day with projects...it must be time for another one. laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 am

Fay I' m sure you have enough material from all the garage sales of the past to keep your atristic thoughts alive with new ideas. Keep it up. thumb2
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:44 am

I do like that... wish I had an eye for that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Gail wrote:
I do like that... wish I had an eye for that sort of thing.
Thanks Gail and Gwen again...'I'm a poet and I don't know it'..lol.
Gail, you probably do have the flair...the secret is don't pay heed to critics, stand back and look from a distance, squint if need be (that softens the view), then play my game called 'pretend you don't live here'. This game means you walk in the front gate and wander around until you reach the area you are working on..look at that area as though you have never seen it before. This exercise may sound dumb...but you look at things with new eyes....a different perspective.. Ross is used to me saying I'm going to play 'pretend I don't live here'.

I have always had a lot of imagination, mainly because as a kid I had a lot of illness...bronchial asthma, no drugs in those days. So I would lay in bed and imagine all sorts of things. The old plastered wall near my bed had some sort of fibre throughout the plaster, which created shapes...sort of....I could see shapes, animals, faces...all sorts of things. Even to this day I see shapes in trees etc. that sounds so weird..lol...but who cares.

Think outside the square and have fun...that is the main thing. Children have a wonderful view of the world...nothing clashes as all colours mix beautifully and best of all no critics.
Back to top Go down
Marleneann
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Marleneann

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Very well done!
Back to top Go down
http://home.iprimus.com.au/marleneann/
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Fay thats a good thing to do , makes a lot of sense to me.

Gail I used to be out of bed as soon as I woke , just before dawn. and out on the road for a 45 min brisk walk .my stroke ended that . I agree its by far the very best time of day.
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Fay, you have a talent for this. You should have been a professional garden designer or something similar. You definitely think "outside the square". I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Garden Art Wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Art Wall   Garden Art Wall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garden Art Wall
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: In the Garden-
Jump to: