Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spring garden

Go down 
+2
Pitta
Betty
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Just the start of the Spring flowers here, the majority grown from seeds. Not the delphinium here though, I just haven't discovered the trick to getting delphiniums to germinate. This is going to have to be it, we have a visitor.

Delphinium - Blue Butterfly(with raindrops)
Spring garden Delphi10

Stocks
Spring garden Stocks10
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:24 pm

STOCKS STOCKS GLORIOUS STOCKS .My Mum used to grow stocks to sell at market when we were growing up on the farm .They are one of my favourite southern flowers , the colour range you have is wonderful. Spring garden 203802 Spring garden 203802
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:00 pm

You have done extremely well with germinating seeds, Betty. I love those Stock... I just wish I could smell them, they have-the most glorious perfume.
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:57 pm

You have a very pretty garden Betty - the stocks are simply lovely and must smell divine.
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:54 pm

The reason I put the Stocks around with the irises is because they are outside our bedroom window. I love their perfume too. I also have a lot in the bed outside the kitchen window.
Sunflower - Yellow Empress
Spring garden Sunflo10

Johnny Jump Ups
Spring garden Johnny10

Cosmos - Purity
Spring garden Cosmos10
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Very Pretty Betty I love you them all..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:31 am

A few more....

Limnanthes douglasii - Poached Egg Plant
Spring garden 30th_s10

Linaria - Fairy Bouquet
Spring garden 29th_s12

Salvia and Virginian Stocks
Spring garden 28th_s10

Pansy
Spring garden Pansy10
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:34 am

It would be absolutely beautiful in your garden Betty with all the colours of the rainbow.

Love that pansy, they are such cheery flowers, shame we don't have much water otherwise I would grow some that is a interesting Salvia.. I have never heard of Limnanthes douglasii or Linaria for that matter its amazing how many plants there are out there..

You have done well thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:04 am

Betty . I just Spring garden 203802 Spring garden 203802 all your beautiful spring flowers, they do instantly make me feel cheerful . Spring garden 911556 Your last 2 spring flowers posts I have enjoyed so much , we don't see that range of flowers up here .
It is really heating up here for summer . its windy and dusty still .

Last edited by Pitta on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:48 am

There are so many plants in my garden just getting ready to flower that I thought I may have started this thread a little early. Individually the plants are lovely, but overall the garden leaves a bit to be desired until the tall spires come into bloom, like Delphiniums, Larkspurs, Hollyhocks, Russell Lupins, Foxgloves etc. I have planted things I have never seen in my life, so it's a real adventure. I had never heard of Limnanthes douglasii or Linaria either, Mary-Anne, except for a stud pony many long years ago that was named something or other Linaria. It's pretty, sort of like a miniature snapdragon in pastel colours.
Our rain disappeared. Sad Pity because the garden would appreciate a drink. No wonder a lot of gardeners shift down to Tasmania, is it? Chasing the rain for better gardens. Gwen, I'm glad you like the flowers here, more on the way ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Marleneann
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Marleneann

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Oh Betty...I love the smell of Stocks...Can't grow them here but it reminds me of the days when I grew them in Toowoomba.
Back to top Go down
http://home.iprimus.com.au/marleneann/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:40 pm

The same person who interrupted my first post on my spring garden was back again today, and on the tour around the garden he again commented on the perfume of those Stocks. They are sadly starting to get past their best though. I've been looking at a plant in the garden, wondering "What the heck is that?", like "Is it a weed or a flower?", but it's flowering now and I'm pretty sure it is Evening Scented Stocks. The flowers did only open this evening and yes, I could detect a nice perfume. A dainty little flower, I'll try to get a photo.

Marleneann, when you grew Stocks, did you cut them for the house? I thought when I put in all these hundreds of seedlings that I would have a house full of flowers, but I find I'd rather see them in the garden.
Back to top Go down
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:38 am

You have done extremely well with your seed growing, Betty. I prefer to leave my flowers in the garden,although I love to see a big vase on display inside a house. When I think back to my Mum's garden,I must have driven her mad...I would pick her prized flowers and stick them in a vase for the mantelpiece. Now I rarely pick them, funny how we become like our Mum. Stock have a lovely scent, they remind me of Mum's garden.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:41 am

Thanks, Fay. I just wish I could get the more difficult seeds to germinate. Maybe we realise eventually that flowers last longer in the garden? I don't know about becoming like our mums. My mum liked flowers that I don't particularly. I would post some more photo's of flowers but can't get Host an Image to work.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:58 am

Spring garden 341816 Betty Please keep posting you gardens spring flowers .I CAN NOT HAVE ENOUGH,
When iI was a kid on the farm [ poultry /market garden . vegv /flowers ]
My Mum used to get her stock seed from a supplier in TASSIE, She sold all her flowers in the market .I mainly remember Stocks ans Iceland poppies were such favourites.So many lovely perfumed memories from your garden Betty Spring garden 911556
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:26 pm

Thats why I use http://photobucket.com/ Betty..
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:49 pm

I'll give this another try. No, still not working. Well, I won't be doing it via photobucket, Mary-Anne, it takes too long on dial up, so unless anyone has any other ideas about how to post photo's on this forum, well, that will be it. I'll go see if I can post them on another forum.
Just found out they are doing upgrades on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Marleneann
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Marleneann

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Betty wrote:
The same person who interrupted my first post on my spring garden was back again today, and on the tour around the garden he again commented on the perfume of those Stocks. They are sadly starting to get past their best though. I've been looking at a plant in the garden, wondering "What the heck is that?", like "Is it a weed or a flower?", but it's flowering now and I'm pretty sure it is Evening Scented Stocks. The flowers did only open this evening and yes, I could detect a nice perfume. A dainty little flower, I'll try to get a photo.

Marleneann, when you grew Stocks, did you cut them for the house? I thought when I put in all these hundreds of seedlings that I would have a house full of flowers, but I find I'd rather see them in the garden.

Betty I found that when I cleaned the house and put a fresh bunch of stocks in a vase ...
all the world was a happy place.
Back to top Go down
http://home.iprimus.com.au/marleneann/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Sounds good to me. I still can't add photo's. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:42 pm

I never had any trouble with Photobucket when I was in Dial-up Betty, resize your photo's first below 100 kb and it should be OK.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:21 pm

It's much faster to use Host an image.

Evening Scented Stocks
Spring garden 5th_oc10

Wallflowers
Spring garden 6th_oc11

Salvia Hot Lips(?)
Spring garden 6th_oc12
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:45 pm

Pretty
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Spring garden 533772 Betty thats the firdt time I've seen Wallflowers since I was a kid.THANKS FOR THE MEMORY.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:20 pm

I should have some of the purple wallflowers somewhere too, Gwen, I just forget where I planted them. The yellows, browns and oranges are just on the verge of blooming properly. Everything is soooo sloow. LOL.

Here are some of the ruffles pansies, I really love these.
Spring garden 7th_oc10

Spring garden 7th_oc11

Spring garden 7th_oc12

Not as fancy, but I like these little violas too. I see some bug has nibbled a petal, I'd best get out there and sprinkle some dust about.

Spring garden 6th_oc13
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Love those pansy's Betty.. The Violas are cute also. thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spring garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring garden   Spring garden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring garden
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next