Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Empty
PostSubject: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:28 pm

I managed to get a pic of that Bronze Sunflower with four blooms up top.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. B-Sunflower-IMG_1571

This Yellow Daylily I grew from seeds of my big yellow.
Its a little different as sometimes it throws petals with green on them

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Y-Daylily-IMG_1447

This short Dahlia seedlings is only 15cms tall.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Dahlia-IMG_1271

A Daylily from Gail.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Gail-Daylily-IMG_1355

Another different Hippeastrum this a much lighter small orange.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. O-Daylily-IMG_1452

Little Iris's we think growing in the pot of Purple Louisiana Iris
In the lily Pond

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Water-IrisIMG_1466

Another Daylily from Gail Mini written on the label.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. GMini-DayLily-IMG_1351
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:43 pm

A feast of colour, your garden must be unbelievable. I'd be happy to have any one(or all) of those growing in my garden. Great photography of course.
Back to top Go down
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 5:11 am

I didn't know until seeing your photos, MA, that sunflowers were so beautiful and had varied coloured flowers. I must add that water plant is gorgeous...very dainty. With the Hippies... I also have that orange one and have never been able to identify it...that yellow one with the 'dash of lime' is lovely...
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Thanks so much Betty, its starting to be an effort to keep the water up to them being so dry for so long with only one decent lot of rain since the first week of June the tank will run out soon and I will probably lose more of my plants Crying or Very sad

There are many Sunflowers out there Fay I have bought a few packets of different varieties just hope they stay alive when we go holidaying.. I too like that little water plant Gail tried to ID it for me and that's as close as we got.. The flowers are so small and they are growing in the moss so they must have come from the soil or mix that the Purple L. Iris was planted in originally.. I don't know the name of that Hippy and not all of the petals on the yellow flowers from that seed growing Daylily have green on them only occasionally I get one.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:29 pm

I meant to post this pic of the White Hippy.
A little disappointed as when I bought it there was no pink on it at all.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. W-Hippy-IMG_1252

The flowers are very large though the stems are not as tall as last year..
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:32 pm

The other colour from that Bronze and Terracotta packet of Sunflower seed has opened. Its flower is a lot smaller I like the other one best

Maybe this is the Bronze one..

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Yellow-SunFlower-IMG_1679
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:09 am

So many blooming when we came back ..
Even two of the Jacaranda are flowering their heads off.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Jac-IMG_0346

A new Dahlia its a very short plant.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Dahlia--IMG_0305

Another different Sunflower.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Sun-Flower-IMG_0266

More Day Lilies and Salvia.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Flowers-IMG_0411

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Day-Lily-IMG_0374

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Day-Lily-IMG_0388

Hoverfly on White Agapanthus.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Hover-Fly-IMG_0451

I have never seen this Bee before its on the Native Dianella.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Bee-IMG_0525

Nigella I grew from seeds Cheryl sent me.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Nig-IMG_0285

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Nig-IMG_0356

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Nig-IMG_0282

And the last one for now is this beautiful Hibiscus.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Hib-IMG_0337
Back to top Go down
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:00 am

All top shots MA... I esp love the Nigella flowers ...they are an intricate flower, aren't they....I didn't realise they came in pink. The Jacarandas have really caught my eye this year...a stunning tree.
MA, your photography is breathtaking as per usual. thumb2
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:47 am

Thanks so much Fay I appreciate your lovely comments..flower

Those Jacaranda are so beautiful it was a shame we did not see the Festival though we seen hundreds of the trees flowering during our long drive seen a lot of Illawarra Flame trees also, that's another beautiful tree..

First time I have grown Nigella Fay I thought I would miss out on the flowers as they were starting to open the day before we left, it was the first flowers I went looking for when we got back I found that pink one growing where I planted the seeds from that packet of Yates pink flowers Cheryl sent me, now the blue/purple ones came from Cheryl's garden and they were planted at the base of the Lily pond with a label on them, I must try and save seeds from all of them they are such a delicate looking flower..
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:24 am

Wonderful, Mary-Anne. The Day Lilies and Salvia together like that look stunning. thumb2 Can Day Lilies take full sun? I was given one, I think it's your dark red one, and just shoved it in a pot. I'd like to put it in the garden if possible. Are you going to save me some seed from that gorgeous and oh so dark pink Nigella, pretty please? Haven't seen one that dark. I like that yellow and brown Day Lily and just adore that spectacular Hibiscus. Almost ferrari red, like my La Sevillana rose.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:28 am

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. 341816 Wonderful to see you back posting all those wonderful blooms , that bee is interesting .so nice to return to a colourful garden , we have missed your posts.
My day lilies are not flowering yet apart from the one that was in the pot called Stella Bella but flowering is always later up here. Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. 911556 Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. 911556
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Betty Yes Daylilies will take full Sun mine are in it aLL year round if you want any of my daylilies do let me know I divide them around March or April all depends how fit I am as those clumps are hard to dig up and slice off there is no way I can pull some of them apart.. Sad

I will try to save seed from all of those Nigella.

Those small bushy sunflowers have finished so I will be watching the seeds for you and I picked the seeds pods of these pink ones for you before we went away and left them in a bowl.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Pink-ID-IMG_4010

Also got a branch of this Gyp and put it in a bag the same day gee the seed is so small like milled pepper..

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Gyp-IMG_4858

Hi Gwen and Thanks... I missed you all too having said that I did not want to come home Very Happy May even sell up one day when the garden gets too much for me and move to coastal North NSW I think they call it the Northern Rivers there were a couple of places we both liked very much not big towns though..

Yes that bee is so different I have never seen one with white pollen on it before no time to ID it yet.. That's a shame your Daylilies are not flowering yet are there any buds forming I would have thought they would flower before mine seeing its warmer up there..
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:52 pm

No buds MA but they look very healthy , we had 3 months drought here only
2 mm of rain in 3 months maybe thats why they are late.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Yes you could be right Gwen they certainly like a drink occasionally mind you mine don't get a lot of water but I gave them a big long drink today..

More plants flowering..

Crepe Myrtle.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Crepe-Myrtle-IMG_1398

Grevillea baileyana 2 years ago I bought it this is its first flowering

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Grevillea-Bra-IMG_1214

Love this Gazania.. Also first time flowering..

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Gazania-IMG_1439

Crinum Lily aka Veld Lily

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Crinum-Lily-IMG_1250

More Lilies I have forgotten the name Gwen are yours flowering yet.

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Lillies-IMG_1192

Another gorgeous little pink flowering plant would love ID
It came from that packet of pink seeds the flowers are less than 1cm wide

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Pink-IMG_1416
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:59 am

Mary-Anne wrote:
Hi Betty Yes Daylilies will take full Sun mine are in it aLL year round if you want any of my daylilies do let me know I divide them around March or April all depends how fit I am as those clumps are hard to dig up and slice off there is no way I can pull some of them apart.. Sad

I will try to save seed from all of those Nigella.

Those small bushy sunflowers have finished so I will be watching the seeds for you and I picked the seeds pods of these pink ones for you before we went away and left them in a bowl.

Thank you in advance for anything you can spare, Mary-Anne, I appreciate it and I've discovered the joy of having things in my garden that remind me of who donated them. Makes it kind of nice. That pink flower is really graceful isn't it, the one you saved seed from. I have never seen a crepe myrtle such a rich colour, it's beautiful. Your grevillea is nice and the white lily is gorgeous. As I say, your garden must be really something. thumb2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.   Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plenty Of Flowers Still Blooming.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: In the Garden-
Jump to: