Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tammy, may she rest in peace.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Tammy, may she rest in peace. Empty
PostSubject: Tammy, may she rest in peace.   Tammy, may she rest in peace. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:24 am

Tammy, may she rest in peace. Tammy_10

We finally had to say goodbye to our beloved Sheltie Tammy yesterday. Alpha dog here, not only keeping all the dogs behaving but even prone to giving us a nip on the heels if we weren't going outside fast enough. LOL. I can't recall her ever chastising her precious daughter, Silk, so a good mum. She was such a character, so full of life, so brave and loyal, she leaves a big gap now she's gone. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad The rose at the head of her grave is Pegasus seeing that in her show days she used to race around the ring like she had wings.
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: Tammy, may she rest in peace.   Tammy, may she rest in peace. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:27 am

So sorry to hear your sad news Betty. Tammy was a splendid looking dog and from what you say, a character too.
It's so sad when we lose our pets.
That is a lovely collage you have of her.
(((Hugs)))
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Tammy, may she rest in peace.   Tammy, may she rest in peace. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks, Val. As the vet said, she fought a long hard battle, poor old girl, but I guess he and I are both well pleased with how much quality time we were able to give her. I sat up very late last night sorting through her photo's to do that collage, a really nice trip down memory lane. A bit teary though. Crying or Very sad
Now I have a 3 way battle between the younger bitches to see who takes her place as alpha dog amongst the shelties. Could even be my blonde bimbo, Gemma, who is knee high to a cricket, soft and cuddly to look at, but a tyrant in disguise. When the district nurse left, the 4 girls got excited and Gemma flew at Sugar(bigger and younger) and bit her all along the back. Mad It bears watching, this power struggle.
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Tammy, may she rest in peace.   Tammy, may she rest in peace. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:18 pm

I like the one with her and the lamb I love you looks like she is nudging the lamb to make it run so she can chase it whistle
Back to top Go down
Canna Worms
Dirt Poker
Canna Worms

PostSubject: Re: Tammy, may she rest in peace.   Tammy, may she rest in peace. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:36 am

It's a really beautiful collage, Betty - a lovely commemoration of your precious friend.

I'm very sorry for you loss.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Tammy, may she rest in peace.   Tammy, may she rest in peace. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Thanks, Ellie, I was pleased with how the photo's came together. I might send that collage to friends in England so it gets back to the breeder of her grandsire.

Cheryl, Tam would never scare lambs. She'd have more likely nipped you than a baby lamb. She was having a sniff, sniff, sniff of that lamb. I love you
Tammy, may she rest in peace. Tammy_12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tammy, may she rest in peace.   Tammy, may she rest in peace. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tammy, may she rest in peace.
Page 1 of 1