Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

pumpkini update

Go down 
+4
Mary-Anne
Gail
Little Miss The Estate
tessa
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tessa
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
tessa

pumpkini update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: pumpkini update   pumpkini update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:24 pm

daniel...from the grocery store...i reckon you just can't go by the kent pumpkin.
also...the butternut is good, and is a different kind of pumpkin so won't cross breed with the kent by accident.
my favouritest, favouritest pumpkin is the spaghetti squash. erica vale seeds carries those (not sold at bunnings over here) and i think also eden seeds has them. the spaghetti squashes can cross with the kents tho...so if you're saving seeds....you have to be deliberate about it. this vine is very long...but also rather, oh, dainty? not the big elephant ear sized leaves. thin leaves, lightish green, very very pretty plant. that will grow up one side of the cage...over the top, and down the other side. you can grow your lettuces in their dappled shade!
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: pumpkini update   pumpkini update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Garden Dan wrote:
OK you folk - you have sucked me in - I am going to look up pumpkin growing and get into this - what are the good varieties in your opinion...we did speak of this previously...jap, kent, QLD Blue...but there seems to be others getting a mention....

Daniel i have seed here if you want some of the Green Chestnut above,its the just oozes flavour,down side,half the crop are just chock food as the flowers dont fertlize properley so the pumpkin is taste less,but the other half makes up for it in taste.Love to send you or anyone else seed, just PM me
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: pumpkini update   pumpkini update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks mate - WILCO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pumpkini update   pumpkini update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pumpkini update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2