Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Melting mushrooms

Go down 
+2
Little Miss The Estate
please remove me
6 posters
AuthorMessage
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

Melting mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Melting mushrooms   Melting mushrooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:27 am

I have a lot of mushies growing in the lawn, anywhere even under the chooks' water trough where it gets emptied each morning.

Picked a nice large one with a white top and soft brown underside - just like the ones in teh shops - to make an omelette with as well as some with white underneath which I thought I would google before eating.

Well like most things here I just got too busy and the mushies were left on the kitchen sink for 3 days - I must have been busy as they sat there. Yesterday threw out the dried up white ones. But the brown one had MELTED. I did take a photo and will add but off for a riding lesson now. It completely turned to brown slimy toothpaste consistency.

Scary ........ Have you ever heard of melting mushies?
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

Melting mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melting mushrooms   Melting mushrooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:59 am

Shocked never, heard of melting moments Laughing whistle , DAMM what a shame Pamela they would have been really yummy too Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
lorraine
Dirt Poker
lorraine

Melting mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melting mushrooms   Melting mushrooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:25 am

yes a pity pamela
dont think I would eat the ones with white underneath though , a bit risky

mushies will go like that as they are mostly water and it would have been part of its breaking down process
hope you didnt see any crawlies as they are normally there then

dont let it put you off as you cant beat home grown mushies
I will miss picking ours from our own paddocks when we move
Back to top Go down
tessa
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
tessa

Melting mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melting mushrooms   Melting mushrooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:01 am

pamela...i think the rule for eating wild mushrooms is *brown* gills. so that white one might have done you in!
something else did that brown one in...cuz we all know that mushrooms just shrivel and dry up.
so...all in all...i'm pretty happy that you were so busy and didn't get a chance to eat those!
gasp
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Melting mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melting mushrooms   Melting mushrooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:21 am

Pamela I am glad you did not eat them either..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Melting mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melting mushrooms   Melting mushrooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:23 am

thumb2 Pamela. I'm drooling over the mushies.Melting mushrooms 900Melting mushrooms 899Melting mushrooms 901 Melting mushrooms 902
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

Melting mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melting mushrooms   Melting mushrooms Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Interestingly I almost took a photo of the ring of mushies in my lawn - about a 3 metre circle ringed with lovely brown mushies. A friend who house sitted for me for a night while I was away picked them. They did look like a fairy garden.

There's a lot in the paddock in the long grass where the horses poo. Massses and masses. I will mow over it this week and maybe spread the spore.

Where are you moving to Lorraine? Are you leaving your beautiful rose garden?? Sad sad!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Melting mushrooms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melting mushrooms   Melting mushrooms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Melting mushrooms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: From the Veggie Patch-
Jump to: