Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Empty
PostSubject: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:12 am

There are plenty of paths to meander on and around the Coast Line of Australia.
Plenty down the bottom end of Queensland that's for sure..

Coming back up from Duranbah Beach

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-IMG_8211

Nearly there

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-IMG_8213

Thats the Tweed River NSW..

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-IMG_7979

This ones goes a long way it starts up the top at Point Danger, that's NSW on the right

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-IMG_8228

Another Coastal Path right up the top.

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-IMG_7795

This boardwalk gets you to the coastal path in the pic above.

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-IMG_7700

More walkways at Snapper Rocks.

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-IMG_7766
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:16 pm

Mary-Anne, you said

Thats the Tweed River NSW..

Now I wonder why I expected to see it empty? ROTFL. I think I've been down here for too long, eh?

Beautiful photo's. Gee, they look after tourists well up there with those concrete paths. Is all the vegetation planted, or natural? Do I see She-oaks? We never get down to the coast so it's lovely to see the sea, even in photo's.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Betty up the North of NSW I am sure the rivers are full..
They would get as much rainfall at the Gold Coast could be more from 600-2000 mm annually

Yes Betty they are She oaks thumbs-up .

Thats only some of the paths Betty there are lots more but I was totally worn out I did not do much sitting down in the six hours we were there I sat down for a little while at Snapper rocks to watch the waves crashing on the rocks and a short stop for lunch and off we went again.. whistle

These solid hardwood varnished tables and seats looked very expensive I tell you.. gasp

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-Seats-IMG_7797
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Oh, I'd love to have lunch there. I love you Is that where you had yours?
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Looks like you had a great day Mary-Anne. A lot of slopes to walk up too Ack

I haven't been down the Gold Coast way since I was a teenager, used to go round those areas a lot but then we discovered Bribie and the Sunshine Coast which at that time wasn't as busy as it is now... now we prefer to go even further north but that is getting busier too. It doesn't look too busy where you were but I suppose it wasn't holidays or a weekend and the weather is cooling off... different around Xmas time I bet. They didn't have many boardwalks when we were there either, makes it much easier to get around Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks for the tour MA thumb2
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Yes we did have lunch there Betty we did not sit at the table but on one of those seats facing the ocean.
You see we were hot and the sun was out so we picked one that was in the shade of the Pandanas

Lunch time view

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-IMG_7790
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Here is a pic of the fruit or seed pod of the Pandanas its almost as big as basketball
And looks a little like a pineapple fancy one of those falling on you when you were eating lunch
A huge headache that for sure..

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Beach-IMG_7800

Gail it is my most favourite place in Qld and only 77 kms from home means we can visit it anytime yes we had a great day Tony must have been worn out pulling me up these exhausting stairs and boardwalks then holding on to me when we were descending Ack Ack .. I dont remember it being this hard last time about 2 years ago surely not a sign of old age some places were nearly as bad as when I tried scaling Mt Coolum on my hands and knees 2 years ago..lol! lol!

Looks like I will never climb Mt Everest in this life Crying or Very sad

We stay away from these places in the Summer, could not think of anything worse we have the other nine months of the year to enjoy ourselves.. Plenty of surfers out there though I guess there is no work around laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Lovely spot, very nice photo's. Thanks, Mary-Anne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..   Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boardwalks, Stairs and Paths At The Beach..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: Fun and Chat :: Photo Gallery Free-for-all-
Jump to: