Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

richard's onions

Go down 
+5
Richard
Mary-Anne
Gail
Little Miss The Estate
tessa
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

richard's onions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:54 am

Same here the chook pellets come in those discusting yellow poly bags

I was thinking of getting Tony to make a bamboo screen
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:03 pm

tessa wrote:
really?
one of my packets of onions actually says to add lime to the soil.
richard?
what do you think about onions and lime?

I believe that that's irresponsible of any seed company state that when P H levels can vary greatly regionally,Example my soil has a consistent level of 6.7to 6.9,a good gardening friend of mine 40 kms away has soil 5.2, he needs to lime if growing onions,i dont.You Tessa being on sand hills would i believe have a very low P H,not only the adding of lime helps with this imbalance but also adding clay as a longer term effort to create a well rounded loam soil that able you to maintain a closer level of P H neutral.
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:29 pm

gasp the 2nd. envelope arrive today Richard, boy I'll be fartin like a real beauty laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:24 pm

WHAT!!! scratch Where the bloody hell has that envelope been for the last three weeks??

Still thats great news

Last edited by medburygardens on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Good evening young ma - how are you? I'm about to be called for dinner. I believe we are having roast (NZ sport) you know...baaaaaa.
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Evening Daniel,yep i'm great, ewe?? laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Little Miss The Estate wrote:
gasp the 2nd. envelope arrive today Richard, boy I'll be fartin like a real beauty laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears

You'll have to anchor the bed down Cheryl
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:32 pm

banana Richard Because I was reared in Victoria I am a Lamb lover , best meat of all.

richard's onions - Page 3 Sheepkiss
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Yummo! Lamb Roast was scrumptious!!!!!!!

But getting weary so heading off to bed shortly.
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:10 am

Pitta wrote:
banana Richard Because I was reared in Victoria I am a Lamb lover , best meat of all.

richard's onions - Page 3 Sheepkiss

TOO right Gwen,N Z merino being the best thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:13 am

You are a cheeky young fellow Richard - a good sign of good character; I must declare!

My computer is acting like a disinterested employee; slow and unresponsive...except it is giving me grief!
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:48 am

Richard over in Goodwich/Fishguard Wales UK, they reckon Welsh Lamb in the best in the World, it ok about on equal par with Victorian Lamb at the time, mind you you had to hunt high and low to find it..

And another thing that got me was the Supermarket Freezers are full of NZ Lamb.. Go figure Question

Actually I seen a lot of NZ products over there, says a lot for your wonderful produce.. thumb2
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ruler of the known Universe
Admin

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 am

canadians don't really grow lambs.
all of our lamb comes from NZ...and is found in the freezer.
i must say, tho...
aussie lamb is way better.
i was very surprised by this.
Back to top Go down
https://gardendelights.forumotion.net
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:01 am

I was trying to be a cheeky young fella Daniel,(this time Very Happy anyway)I've never tried Aussie lamb/mutton so i'm in no position to compare, what i meant was NZ merino is the premium of NZ breeds,which is all exported The average joe kiwi cant buy these cuts through our supermarkets and have to settle the poor cuts for which they are completely unaware of.Having spent half my life living and working as a blade shearer in the south Island high country where most merinos are farmed, i was lucky enough to being able to dine out on the very best ,three year old merino whether yummmm thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:04 am

While I lived in England it was always NZ lamb, butter and cheese that were the best.
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:06 am

It goes both ways M A,there's a lot of Aussie products here as well
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:32 am

Thats good Richard

Well I wish someone would tell Mr Mainland that his tasty cheese is going to the dogs like no taste now, similar to what Kraft Tasty started tasting like years ago when I gave it the flick more like soap than cheese Ack so easy to slice now where before it used to be crumbly and packed a decent bite to it, it states aged for 12 months laughing wit tears ..

Been looking at the label it has a 1800 number on it and is in Melbourne I may give them a ring Monday and find out why..
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:26 pm

We dont buy tasty, so i dont know if mainland tasty has gone backwards or not.
Jackie has a very limited palate means that any cheese with too much of a bite doesn't get biffed into the trolley each Friday,if i had my way i would buy blue vein but....,

Daniel, (hint),one steps backwards equals two steps forward,does it not,what do ya think,its only cheese a,worth heaps in brownie points?
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:42 pm

To be honest, I usually only eat lamb if it is a roast - not a big fan of getting meat off little chop bones...too lazy I guess. Smile

Oh well back to the work - been out on Bobcat as well planting, spreading mulch...

Hmmm. we are a long way off onions here my friend - sorry!
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:22 pm

I love blue vein Richard.. I hate mild cheeses..

Daniel .. I cooked Tony three lamb Casseroles last night one to eat the other two went into the freezer made from neck chops, I cannot believe I have got three big meals for him for just over $5 Tony I love you them, he likes picking at the bones though, seeing we are on a onion thread here I put onions in it too... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tessa
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
tessa

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:47 pm

houston...we had a problem.
something has come along and eaten most of the red onion seedlings.
i've only got about 6 left in the punnet.
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:45 pm

All is not lost tessa, Cheryls now got truck loads of seed,then again so do i,want some more?? thumbs-up thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:49 pm

MA love you choice of Neck Chops , they are so tasty and tender and great to suck all the meat from ,I think Tony would agree.
Cant agree with the strong cheese though, I like a mild tasty.Faye likes the strong cheeses .

richard's onions - Page 3 Allekaese

Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:17 am

Sorry to hear about the onion seedlings Tessa. I have not been able to grow veges at all (well almost at all) for a couple of years now...I can understand your frustration.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:27 am

Besides my onions not coming up, now I've had 6 new tomato seedlings nipped off just leaving stems. They'd only come up the day before but next morning "pooff" club

I used to eat a lot of lamb when I lived in NSW for a couple of years ages ago when lamb was cheap. Haven't eaten it for ages now as it is too dear... price has just gone sky high the last few years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: richard's onions   richard's onions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

richard's onions
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: From the Veggie Patch-
Jump to: