Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lots Of Winter Colour..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Lots Of Winter Colour.. Empty
PostSubject: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Flowers everywhere..

Roses..

Lots Of Winter Colour.. Winter-Colour-July-IMG_5063

Kalanchoe:

Lots Of Winter Colour.. Winter-Colour-July-IMG_5223

Anemone:

Lots Of Winter Colour.. Winter-Colour-July-IMG_5019

Penstemon:

Lots Of Winter Colour.. Winter-Colour-July-IMG_5255

Gazania:

Lots Of Winter Colour.. Winter-Colour-July-IMG_5107

Anthurium:

Lots Of Winter Colour.. Winter-Colour-July-IMG_5258

Anemone:

Lots Of Winter Colour.. Winter-Colour-July-IMG_5054

Orchids:

Lots Of Winter Colour.. Winter-Colour-July-IMG_5267

Lots more flowering but thats enough for this thread.Very Happy

Last edited by Mary-Anne on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:26 am

Some nice colours there. All putting on a good display. I think you mean anthurium not caladium winky-winky Is that Mississippi? The one you gave me is starting to flower. All the anthuriums are flowering well this year which is surprising with the cold.

We've got quite a bit flowering but just the same as usual which you've all seen umpteen dozen times... I don't have anything different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:42 am

You are right Gail Thanks I will fix that up I worked hard yesterday and did not get on the computer till after 11 pm and I was tired before I started so easy to make a mistake..

No that's not Mississippi that's flowering like crazy too, so is that little pale pink one you gave me and the small darker looking pink one the last one I bought had quite a few lovely looking flowers on it also. maybe they like the cold a little Question

Its the one Ed gave me the day we took some plants to his home..

A few of mine are new, I love that Gazania its another one from the sands up Coolum Beach way last October that's two from there that has flowered now for the first time . And I am amazed at the different shades of Anemones that are flowering now from a packet that Cheryl sent me last year, softer paler shades where the ones I buy here seem to have more of the brighter or stronger colours. Its a jolly shame most of mine rotted as I bought some different ones this year.

Plenty of new potted bulbs to flower yet I can hardly wait... banana banana
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 5:00 am

No sign of any flower spikes on either of those orchids but there is new growth and they are looking good. I wish my kalanchoes would hurry and thicken up but it will be a couple of years as I split them all up (both the ones you gave me and mine) and spread them out along the driveway near the front fence. They are starting to flower but only single stalks. My bulbs are all in pots now and doing so much better, won't be long until they flower.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:20 am

New growth on both Orchids that's good anyway, all of my others have new growth, lots of spikes up on the dancing lady and those other two sorry cannot remember what they are from the girls here, similar in looks to the one you sent me. I reckon the birds took that as I had it in Sphagnum moss and little chips of bark attached to my favourite tree, when I seen what one of the Butcherbirds were carting off from my garden the other day nothing would surprise me anymore..

That Yellow Kalanchoe is a big plant now probably close to a metre round, I have more of the red even bigger clumps but they dont seem to have so many clusters of flowers on them.. Every year I say I will buy a couple of different colours but I never do I will look around for a cream one and maybe pink.. Yours will be a pretty site when they get going.

Yesterday Tony made me a long planter box out of bricks properly done with mortar mix so I can plant summer bulbs he said, its in front of the chook yard fence, he knew I was so disappointed when those three lots rotted..
Back to top Go down
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:27 am

Some lovely colour there, MA...that rose looks lovely and healthy. I feel sure you will enjoy the planter box that Tony built, what a lovely gesture on his part. He is a 'keeper' me thinks. thumb2
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:47 am

Thanks Fay.. That rose is a lovely carpet rose *Our Rosy Carpet* with canes longer than 2 mts with this huge cluster of flowers on the end that last for ages I wish you could get it in a shrub rose..

Tony is a very thoughtful person and yes I will love it I only want small summer bulbs I will have to research and I totally agree with you he is a keeper. I love you
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:35 am

That orchid looks fabulous against the dark tree trunk, Mary-Anne. The rose looks really nice and I envy you all that colour, my garden is just green, which I suppose is one step better than being sunburnt brown. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks Betty Its a beautiful orchid.. That rose does look nice when it is flowering I dug up Sea Foam yesterday another carpet rose its been dead for a while Crying or Very sad We are very fortunate here in the sub-tropics as winter is when some of our best plants and bulbs flower and they stay flowering for many weeks..

Nothing wrong with green Betty its a great colour after seven years of brown and dust its nice to see the green here too the last two years . Its also my favourite colour.

Your garden will be a mass of colour in the Spring and Summer with all those delightful seeds you have planted and I will be looking forward to seeing your photo's then.. thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots Of Winter Colour..   Lots Of Winter Colour.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lots Of Winter Colour..
Page 1 of 1