Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Empty
PostSubject: A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland.   A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Eye Opening Tropicals at Roma Street Parkland
I have never seen so many different Pink Anthuriums together before.

A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Anthurium-IMG_6633

These huge pots of Impatiens floated down the watercouse

A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. RS-IMG_9095

.........A tree of Broms .................................. Another Pink Anthurium

A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. RS-Broms-IMG_8932 A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. RS-IMG_6622

Vireya Rhododendrons

A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. GW-IMG_6571

Hibiscus sabdariffa... Rosella The Fruit

A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Hibiscus-sabdariffa-IMG_6523

..........Another Interesting Brom ...................That Prymid of Impatiens

A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. RS-IMG_6656 A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. RS-IM-IMG_9075

We are going back soon as we did not have time to see everything
Six hours was not enough time with me taking photos whistle
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland.   A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Great pics MA thank you . They get some good ideas like floating plants and Brom Trees . That Vireya is gorgeous.Ihad a friend in Darwin who grew Rosella and made the best tastuing JAM with them.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland.   A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:04 pm

They certainly are stunning garden, thanks for showing us, MA. I cannot pick one favourite...all of them are absolutely stunning.
I wish we had something of that class in our area.....not likely, said Fred.
Thanks MA, I look forward to more photos of the lovely gardens.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland.   A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Thanks Gwen I thought I took some decent pics of the lighter coloured Vireya but when viewing them they were a little out of focus so I will try again I hope they are still blooming when we go next time .. The floating pots were great yes they do have some good ideas there.. I have tasted Rosella jam when I was young but cannot remember what its tasted like..

Thanks Fay it is a magic place with its fern gully the lake and steams and spectacle Gardens lots of lawns and children play areas, BBQ and eating areas sorry you have not got anything like that down your way..
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland.   A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:14 am

I love vireyas but have given up ever having one. Some good ideas with those broms and impatiens. My mother used to grow Rosellas to make jam, it was her favourite jam. You can usually buy rosella seedings in most nurseries in warmer areas, not sure about down south.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland.   A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 am

Gail I nearly bought a Vireya last week in BigW $15:95 there were a few different colours there but could not choose so got none as I am too busy at present to prepare a planting spot for it and I want to find the right one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland.   A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Few Tropicals From Roma Street Parkland.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garden Delights :: Fun and Chat :: Photo Gallery Free-for-all-
Jump to: