Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some general garden pictures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

Some general garden pictures Empty
PostSubject: Some general garden pictures   Some general garden pictures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 am

Tibouchina alstonville still flowering well
Some general garden pictures 31stAug09Tibouchinaalstonville600x4

This is the best flowering this hibiscus has had. It has had at least 7 or 8 flowers out every day for weeks... trouble is half of them are on the other side that we don't see from the house.
Some general garden pictures 31stAug09Hibiscus600x450

Evolvulus, Blue Eyes, are covered in flowers as usual.
Some general garden pictures 31stAug09Evolvulous600x450

Centradenia, not as many flowers as usual as it is starting to get too shady in this part.
Some general garden pictures 31stAug09Centradenia600x450

The two different dietes near the bridge have been flowering well lately
Some general garden pictures 31stAug09Dietesnearbridge600x450
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Some general garden pictures   Some general garden pictures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 am

Gail what a lovely show to herald in SPRING,

Some general garden pictures Flowers_blooming

I was very pleased to see the pics of the 2 ground covers on the post , I showed Faye who was just bringing me morning tea , She thought they were great and now can imagine how ours will look I have both blue and pink in 2 areas , one lot from MA, one lot from you . I have one of MA 's Iris in bud . can't tell which one till it flowers. The Hibiscus is fab.and that Tibouchina is a wonderful colour , its going to flower forever I think.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Some general garden pictures   Some general garden pictures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:40 am

Everything looking great Gail, so much colour.. I have pruned all my Hibiscus and they are leafing up already they are quick this year.. My two dietes have been flowering for weeks too, now the walking iris are starting I filled the wheelie bin up a few weeks back with them mt two plants has multiplied to a 2.5mt x 2 mts patch gasp

Your Tibouchina is flowering so well I meant to tell you your T. elsa plants are over a metre tall and almost a wide I did prune the dead flowers off but maybe I should have given then a proper prune to thicken them up a little more, do you prune yours.
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Some general garden pictures   Some general garden pictures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Gwen, I can't remember a time when the tibouchina hasn't been without a flower - sometimes it only has half a dozen flowers but never less.

Mary-Anne, Tib Elsa can get a little straggly so I do give it a light trim occasionally. I win't be pruning this hibiscus as it is the one the dog used to eat all the time... it is the first time it has actually had lots of leaves on it gasp We did prune all the others back last weekend, all about a metre high now - many were over 2m.

Our walking iris is in a very dry area so doesn't seem to grow that quick... luckily. Those dietes, particularly the white one doesn't know how to stop flowering. The lemon seems to get quite a few flowers then stops for a few weeks then flowers again. The purple iris (you can just see one behind the furtherest dietes, there is another one just off the right of the picture) seems to have finished flowering now... but it does deserve a break as it put on a beautiful display.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some general garden pictures   Some general garden pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some general garden pictures
Page 1 of 1