Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Around The Garden

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Around The Garden Empty
PostSubject: Around The Garden   Around The Garden Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:31 am

Lots of plants flowering at present.

This Beautiful Aussie its thickening up well Kangaroo Paw Bush Bonanza

Around The Garden S-Flowers-IMG_4212

Another Beautiful Aussie.. The Butcher Bird

Around The Garden S-Birds-IMG_4284

Metrosideros Tomentosa.. N.Z. Christmas Bush..

Around The Garden S-Flowers-IMG_4879

Ixia

Around The Garden S-Flowers-IMG_4685

One Red Anemone

Around The Garden S-Flowers-IMG_4853

Penstemon.

Around The Garden S-Flowers-IMG_4194
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Around The Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Around The Garden   Around The Garden Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:53 pm

I hope one of my Kangaroo Paws turns out that colour, Mary-Anne. I am so excited to see the seeds germinating, I didn't think I'd have success with them. Same goes for the Sturt Desert Pea seeds I planted but two are already up. banana banana The Ixia is lovely. Can't help wondering if they multiply madly though, like the dreaded Sparaxis I put in?
You are ahead of us. I have Penstemons half grown only, no flowers yet. What is that lovely dainty white flower, I don't think I have seen it before, the one in the photo with the red anemone? Lovely photo's, your camera does a wonderful job. Mine has a hissy fit every time I turn it towards flowers and it either goes out of focus or just won't capture true colours.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Around The Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Around The Garden   Around The Garden Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:16 am

I would be excited too Betty if I was growing seeds of the Kangaroo paw Well Done thumbs-up

The Ixia are in pots at the bottom of the back steps , though the Sparaxis are planted in clumps all around the block, they are still flowering and are a lovely pink colour I will keep a eye on them though and Thanks again for letting me know how they can go.

I put a pic of that little white flower on TE and someone named daff ID it for me well she gave me a clue saying it was a Gyp so I went researching to find its not the usual Gyp that they put into bouquets here called Baby's breath its this one Gypsophila acutifolia Stev. ex Spreng * Sharpleaf babysbreath* I grew it from seed from that packet of pinks that Cheryl sent me a while back.. I have it here for ID so I must bring it up and put the right name on it..

Betty that Penstemon is the only one I have left from a punnet I put in must be over two years ago, I may buy more if I see them again.

Thanks Betty I use my macro lens for single flower pics as I only want shallow Depth Of Field so it only takes what I want it to take and blurs out the background, can you get yours on a macro setting that may help don't go too close as it may go out of focus better to take it a little further away and crop anyway have a go if you can..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Around The Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Around The Garden   Around The Garden Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:33 am

Mary-Anne, I put Gypsohila in, sowed direct I mean, and it didn't grow, so I now have some ready in punnets to plant out. I was hoping you would say your white flower was Gyp(I've never seen it before, believe it or not) but it's not the one I have unfortunately. Crying or Very sad Mine is called Covent Garden. If seed can be saved from these we could always swap some later?
There are plenty of Kangaroo Paws germinating but Sturts Desert Pea is frustrating, only two have come up. Early days, but I don't like it that two came up quickly and no sign of the others.
Penstemons must like dwindling away like that because out of a punnet I put in last year I think there is only a couple left here and they didn't even flower last year. Not fair! LOL.

Ummm, I think I do go too close using macro on my camera. I will do as you suggest but not today, I am going shopping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Around The Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Around The Garden   Around The Garden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Around The Garden
Page 1 of 1