Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Silk's progress

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Thought I'd start a little thread concerning Silk.
Silk's progress _silk_10

When I rang at 3 this afternoon she was doing fine, thank God, sitting up with a drip in her leg. She did have a quite bad pyometra. I of course will not be happy till she's back home, that can't happen soon enough. She will feel so much better once she gets over her spey.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Good News Betty banana banana banana banana
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:14 pm

Poor little pet might be cold and lonely tonight, Mary-Anne. I'll ring at 9 in the morning to see when I can collect her.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 am

Our thoughts are with you Betty and hoping for good recovers for Silk Silk's progress 911556
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks, Gwen. Silk is back home, but refusing to eat or drink. She was on fluids so could be well hydrated I guess and I will just keep giving her Nutrigel until she feels like eating. Her throat would be sore from the tube.
Brian said it was almost too late, she had a very bad pyometra, her uterus was just starting to leak and there was a tiny bit of peritonitis. I told him how nervous I had been all weekend seeing the antibiotics weren't working. She looks brighter now, barking when the others get stirred up and she has a sparkle in her eye again, however I won't be happy until she's back on her tucker.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:02 pm

So wonderful to read that silk has a sparkle in her eye Betty..
It probably wont be long before she is eating again so try not too worry to much..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:13 pm

How can I not worry, Mary-Anne, when a sheltie breeder/judge friend told me tonight how her 9 year old bitch had died a week after being speyed? BUT, good news is that Silk is toileting well, has a normal temperature banana banana banana , and has voluntarily had drinks now and picked at the tiniest morsels of food in her bowl. I force fed her a lump of mince meat in small bits so she wouldn't have her antibiotics on an empty stomach. Hopefully she might eat better tomorrow. She's always been my special favorite amongst the shelties so I want her to live to a very old age.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:57 am

Thats such wonderful new Betty , sounds like the worst could be behind her . Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:52 am

I hope you are right, Gwen. I still had to force feed some mince before her tablet this morning, but she went on then and ate some dry food I'd left there for her. thumb2 Her temperature is still okay but until her stitches come out I am not heaving a sigh of relief.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:37 am

Not good news this morning. Silk's stitches are leaking serum and blood. I got Brian to call in last night on his way home after I was told he'd gone down to Buangor, and he wasn't greatly concerned, but this morning there is more leakage than last night. He still isn't worried, which is okay, I can do enough worrying for both of us. winky-winky Her temp is spot on normal, she ate a bit, toileted okay, so if only the seeping would stop I'd be happy. He thinks it should stop within 24 hours, so fingers crossed for her.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:28 am

Betty I know you cant stop the worry, but by the sounds of the vets statment it does sound promising that Silk will be ok .Only 24 to wait so soon it will be over. Silk's progress 911556 Silk's progress 911556
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:41 am

I hope it's not going to be one step forward, two steps back, Gwen. When it was toilet time at lunchtime I carried her out and back and this time no seeping, so that is more like it. Having to get up the ramp then the back step was maybe not helping. She ate the dry feed I'd left her too, had a good drink and will probably sleep all afternoon now. Wish I could. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Betty Thats great mabe you need to carry her over any nonflat surface for a few days , she maybe strained the op site.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:39 pm

It's a possibility, Gwen, although Brian said that he stitched the fat layer(because she was , ummm, so fat whistle ) and this is something he doesn't usually do, therefore it may be fluid trapped between that and the skin. All the same, I'm with you on carrying her, she acts as if she is very sore, plus she's pretty fragile after all those toxins circulating in her system, so a bit of TLC won't go amiss.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:11 am

It was a worrying day yesterday, she had so much seepage from the suture line. Today, so far, none and she has found her appetite again. banana banana Silkie wants to eat us out of house and home now. Laughing She stares very hard at me until I give in.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:10 am

Silk's progress 432520 Silk's progress 533772 Silk's progress 533772 Betty wonderful news. Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109 Silk's progress 210109
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks, Silk's wagging her tail too, Gwen. A lot happier. I still see the odd droplet on the papers but a big improvement on yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silk's progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silk's progress   Silk's progress Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silk's progress
Page 1 of 1