Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New sunflower

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

New sunflower Empty
PostSubject: New sunflower   New sunflower Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 pm

Mary-Anne, this sunflower was a volunteer from the bird seed. If you don't have it and would like it I can save you some seed.
New sunflower 13th_d10
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

New sunflower Empty
PostSubject: Re: New sunflower   New sunflower Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:52 pm

It has turned out real nice Betty. Yes please, Plenty of buds there the ones I have flowering now are skinny looking ones with only one flower and no buds at all

I wont be growing any more in the Summer as I am shocked at the amount of water I have used to keep them alive from now on I will only plant in Autumn and Late Winter.

Have you received those seeds yet I posted Tuesday ?
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

New sunflower Empty
PostSubject: Re: New sunflower   New sunflower Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:21 am

Nice one Betty thumb2
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

New sunflower Empty
PostSubject: Re: New sunflower   New sunflower Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:51 am

I kicked myself last night for not telling you in this post that your seeds had arrived, Mary-Anne, but hey, I'm usually half asleep nowadays on the forums. snore I was going to plant some but after what you've said, I agree, they take too much water, and mine also can be planted next Autumn. I have a row of sunflowers out in the orchard that are just about to flower, so that will do for this year. You know, they amuse me, the flowers face the sun as it rises, then follow it till it sets. A fact you probably all know but that I've only realised seeing I haven't gardened for so long. LOL. Thanks very much for the seeds, muchly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

New sunflower Empty
PostSubject: Re: New sunflower   New sunflower Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:27 pm

I answered this one when I was having my lunch the reply has disappeared scratch

That's Ok Betty I only get 3-4 hours sleep a night that why I am on line around 2 am some times ..I am glad you have received the seeds, yes keep them till its cooler before planting
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

New sunflower Empty
PostSubject: Re: New sunflower   New sunflower Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:59 pm

That's a lovely photo of your sunflower, Betty!
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

New sunflower Empty
PostSubject: Re: New sunflower   New sunflower Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Yes, sometimes the camera surprises me, Val. It likes yellow I've noticed. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New sunflower Empty
PostSubject: Re: New sunflower   New sunflower Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New sunflower
Page 1 of 1