Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Canna Worms
Dirt Poker
Canna Worms

A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina Empty
PostSubject: A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina   A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:50 pm

As some of you have (very kindly) expressed interest in seeing some photos of the area where I live, and of my garden and plants, I was planning to share a link to a couple of slideshows that I had created and stored at Photobucket.

Imagine my surprise when I found that EVERY single one of my slideshows has vanished from my album!!! A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina 647442
Apparently, Photobucket has changed their slideshow format, and since the rest of my account seems to be in good order, I expect that they probably sent me an email notifying me that any existing slideshows would be lost in the process ... and I probably deleted their email without ever reading it. A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina Dunno-1

Anyway, I will put together some photos from last season in a few days, and in the meanwhile, here is something that I assembled quickly,
Christmas Where I Live:
A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina Th_12-27XmasSlideshow-1<<< Click on the pic to see a short slideshow.
Back to top Go down
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina   A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks Canna. what a beautiful area and lovely house....I LOVE the garden gate with the colourful Christmas wreath ..I should add, Ross has a very green face, looking at the lovely, moored boats....all very delightful.
We have an old wooden boat that has been sitting here for many years, gradually being restored. We recently managed to get a mooring in the nearby (a couple of KM away) Lake Macquarie...so Ross is speeding up the work.

It is not a big, expensive boat...rather an old wooden boat..which has had a lot of love and work invested in it.

I shall take a few photos when things progress a tad.
Back to top Go down
Canna Worms
Dirt Poker
Canna Worms

PostSubject: Re: A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina   A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed. Smile
It is a nice area, and something of a vacation destination - A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina 208273 at least for those who prefer somplace very quiet, slow-paced, and rather rustic.
My husband's work brought us to the area over 20 years ago, and we feel very lucky to be here, altho' anyplace starts to feel a bit "samey" after you're there a while, doesn't it?
There are some lovely historic homes here - but of course, those are out of our price range. A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina 450266

Your boat sounds great! How excited you both must be to get it finished and afloat! I look forward to seeing the pix.
The irony for us is that while I grew up on the water - my hubby is very nervous about it.
So here we are, literally living on a barrier island - water every-which-way we turn, and there's no getting him out on a boat. *heheh*
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina   A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Ellie, it looks lovely where you live and there are some grand looking homes. Very pretty decorations too!
Your place looks very sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina   A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Seasonal Slideshow From North Carolina
Page 1 of 1