Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ground covers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:50 am

Hi folks, I asked this question some time ago but cannot find the replies.

On the southern side of our house we have a bank that is retained by a pumped concrete wall. When the wall was pumped we had "holes" put in it so we could grow plants. I do not want to have roots that damage the wall but would be happy for the plants to pretty much cover the wall. I also need a plant(s) for the bank above it. I will paste some photos. Any ideas?

Ground covers IMG_1201

Ground covers IMG_1207

Ground covers IMG_1204

If anyone recalls the thread from yonks ago and can paste link that would be great too.

Many thanks,
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:54 am

I remember that Topic.. No idea where it is I do know that I never replied to it as I did not think you will be able to grow anything in those holes Daniel concrete is very Alkaline probably better to grow them on top of the wall and let them hang down perhaps Google ground cover for sub-tropics or just ground covers
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks Mary-Anne. I think Gail had some good ideas but I just cannot find that thread...it may have been as far back as AG or even GW I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:19 pm

i REMEMBER THAT POST .i THINK GAIL SUGGESTED" LIRIOPE"
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:38 am

Thanks Gwen, no, the liriope was for around the old BBQ area and is now growing there nicely. Thanks anyway, I do appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 am

Morning Daniel.. At some ungodly hour this morning I went through all the Topic's on the old Garden Delights on Garden Banter, Tropicals and Garden Happenings and that's where I found it Page 9 in the Archives I copy and pasted the URL to a email I was going to post it to you this morning but I have been so busy I forgot.

http://gardendelights.forumco.com/topic~ARCHIVE~true~TOPIC_ID~2218.asp
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks again Mary-Anne...I have saved the link to my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:03 pm

My Pleasure ..You know Daniel Tessa told me that if a Forum has not been used for 6 months Forum Co would remove it I know if been just on 10 months since we moved to this new one, but I have been on a couple of times when the two new members replied to our posts, so may be it would be better to copy and paste what you need elsewhere just in case that forum does get removed.. whistle
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Good idea Mary-Anne....thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ground covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground covers   Ground covers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ground covers
Page 1 of 1