Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frangipani Grove

Go down 
+3
Gail
Mary-Anne
Garden Dan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frangipani Grove   Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 am

Yes...that's a good point Gail. Not sure I will wander around another...but then again Kerrie (not an avid gardener) enjoyed the time out - so maybe we will. Who knows. To each there own. winky-winky
Back to top Go down
Bubba Louie
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Bubba Louie

PostSubject: Re: Frangipani Grove   Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:39 pm

I've got seed pods on my Singapore "Petite Pink". It may have crossed with a tree of my neighbours, so the outcome will be interesting. I don't really want them so if anyone would like me to save them give me a yell.
I've also got a potted seedling, that came up under the neighours tree, that needs a home. It's getting big and I really don't have anywhere to put it.

Mine.
Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Th_IMG_2391

The neighbour's.
Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Th_IMG_2221
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: Frangipani Grove   Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:18 pm

Cheryl, I would be happy to take the seeds and grow them up here. I am happy to keep one and then pass the rest on to folk.

Postage of plants may be a challenge though I would think.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Bubba Louie
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Bubba Louie

PostSubject: Re: Frangipani Grove   Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Garden Dan wrote:
Cheryl, I would be happy to take the seeds and grow them up here. I am happy to keep one and then pass the rest on to folk.

Any ideas?

Well for a start it was me not Cheryl. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Frangipani Grove   Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Garden Dan wrote:

Any ideas?

I dont find posting seedlings a problem at all, plenty of throw away plastic food containers out there in the weekly shopping that would easy fit into a 500gm prepaid satchel 355x220mm $5.50 Australia Wide if you grow them in tubes and post them off when they are small say 15-cms as long as they have roots on them, any spaces in the plastic food container fill up with newspaper so there will be no movement, if you cannot get a food container with a matching lid wrap around with glad wrap or a plastic bag and Tape up pop into the prepaid satchel and post...
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: Frangipani Grove   Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:44 am

The frangipanis I have to give away are probably close to a metre tall. That is guessing as I sit in my study and have not looked at them for a couple of weeks. Smile Probably left them there too long. Have given a few away though and promised another the other day. Oh well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Frangipani Grove   Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:14 am

Frangipani are as tough as old boots and will survive as sticks sitting on top of the garden for many months especially during the cooler months.
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frangipani Grove   Frangipani Grove - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frangipani Grove
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2