Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Liriope pictures for Daniel

Go down 
+3
Garden Dan
Little Miss The Estate
Gail
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

Liriope pictures for Daniel Empty
PostSubject: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:21 am

Here are those pictures I mentioned in the PM. These are spaced about 60cm apart, you want yours about 30cms apart if you want it really thick in a hurry but they will fill out eventually if you plant them further apart. The little wooden rail is about 20 or 25cm high. The bigger one in the corner was planted before the others which is why it is a bit bigger. We still have a few gaps to fill up whenever I manage to get around to it.
Liriope pictures for Daniel 20thApril09Liriope600x450

Liriope pictures for Daniel 20thApril09Liriope2450x600

Liriope pictures for Daniel 20thApril09Liriope1450x600

These are the flowers that are on the plants right through summer. This picture was taken in February.
Liriope pictures for Daniel 11thFebruary2009Liriope600x450
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:26 am

Love the way you have done the edge with the dead limbs Gail, looks great thumb2
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:30 am

Thanks Cheryl. That was mainly as a deterrent to stop the dogs cutting the corner and running through the garden... now they just jump over it instead Laughing
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:32 am

I notice you have a hydrangea there, how do they grow up your way Question
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:45 am

That hydrangea has only been moved there for a few months and isn't looking the best at the moment - gets more sun here so got a little burnt - coming on again now though. They grow well if you can keep the water up to them if they are in a sunny spot though do better and need less water with a little shade in mid-summer. There are quite a few big ones around the older gardens around town - I pass one regularly that is nearly 2m tall growing up against a western facing wall of a house. Besides a couple of leaves being a little sunburnt in mid-summer it does well and is quite a sight in full flower. I'm surprised that it does so well as it is a rental house and rarely gets looked after, usually has grass growing right up to it. Just goes to show you how tough they are. Smile
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:49 am

Yes I will have to move a lot of mine this winter, where to no idea, may go back to my original idea and move the roses from under the peach tree and swap them around , boy there goes 2 days already gasp
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks for the pictures Gail...the liropes will be just fine!!!! Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:04 am

They are lovely Gail. I might use Liriope in my garden. Nice plant. I presume you divide them?
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:22 am

Thanks Pamela. Yes, just divide them like any other similar plant. They are also known as giant mondo even though the aren't related but just as tough.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:18 am

I googled liriope yesterday , there are some nice colours and new ones out now
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:58 pm

I never thought to put some in your last parcel Gwen duh I will in the next one thumb2
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:01 am

Gail - just to let you know...the liriope look quite healthy in their pots.
Back to top Go down
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:28 am

these look really pretty and lush gail. you have such a knack with plant arrangement I reckon, I love looking at pics of your garden thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:23 am

That's great Daniel. They are pretty hard to kill so should do ok for you Very Happy

Thanks Ota but the garden isn't all my idea, Ian and I work 50/50 in it.
Back to top Go down
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:21 am

oh I only wish DH was interested in the garden but then again we always have different opinions on things so it would probably be a disaster Smile

Your garden has a really natural look to it that I just love
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:20 am

Quote :
oh I only wish DH was interested in the garden but then again we always have different opinions on things so it would probably be a disaster

Ian always says that I ask his opinion then go with mine laughing wit tears laughing wit tears

We like the natural, rustic look, neither of us like the stiff, formal or clipped styles flower
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:45 am

I'm with you there Gail, even I am pretty Rustic too laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:56 am

I know I certainly feel rustic and worn out Ack
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Me too... there there
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Gail wrote:
Ian always says that I ask his opinion then go with mine

that wouldnt work with mine, we'd probably end up having a tug of war over the plants laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liriope pictures for Daniel   Liriope pictures for Daniel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liriope pictures for Daniel
Page 1 of 1