Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Result of follow up Invasive weeds.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

Result of follow up  Invasive weeds. Empty
PostSubject: Result of follow up Invasive weeds.   Result of follow up  Invasive weeds. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:55 pm

The weed in question.

Result of follow up  Invasive weeds. IMG_7060

Iam so mad with myself .I did this post today and did a preview ,then must have forgotten to press send, does anyone else do silly hings like me.
As arranged the Feral Animals & Weeds men [ 4 ] arrived right on 9am.
They did an inspection of the Baleria strigosa weed ,then they surveyed the area affected, took lots of photographs.
They then made collections of the weed to send off to various departments.
The head man then came to discuss eradication.
He said what we had been doing [whippering] was the right way to go and not let the plant flower. The plants that had escaped into the jungle could not be whippered or sprayed .He inspected those plants in the bush and said they don't penetrate very far as its too dark , they need some sun to survive. He said he can't spare staff to treat those plants but gave us a tube of gel called " GRAZON EXTRA "which is approved by all dept's and is bio degradable. You cut the plant near to the ground spread a little gel an the trunk thats left and it will kill all the roots. He said its expensive to buy.
I have a son and family comming over end of June . I'll save that Job for the
The men from Ferals and Weeds were so helpful and said any further trouble just call.
I am sure the POST I did today on this matter went through ,I think MA made a comment on i, maybe I'm going gar gar.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Result of follow up Invasive weeds.   Result of follow up  Invasive weeds. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:00 pm

bad day bad day bad day Now that proves it .I just discovered I had done that post under the topic Gingers. Now I declare myself offically Gar Gar, hammer hammer hammer hammer hammer hammer hammer hammer hammer
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Result of follow up Invasive weeds.   Result of follow up  Invasive weeds. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Never mind Gwen its human to err, Oh and I did answer that post this afternoon too..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Result of follow up Invasive weeds.   Result of follow up  Invasive weeds. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 am

Quote :
Iam so mad with myself .I did this post today and did a preview ,then must have forgotten to press send, does anyone else do silly hings like me.

I'm starting to learn... the hard way duh

That is good to find out about that plant and at least it doesn't sound too hard to get rid off. Thanks for the updates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Result of follow up Invasive weeds.   Result of follow up  Invasive weeds. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:54 am

I did notice that whistle whistle Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Result of follow up Invasive weeds.   Result of follow up  Invasive weeds. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Result of follow up Invasive weeds.
Page 1 of 1