Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..

Go down 
+2
Little Miss The Estate
Mary-Anne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Empty
PostSubject: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Rose blooms all over the bush there are no two alike..

Charles Austin: So Beautiful...

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. June-Roses-IMG_1893

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. June-Roses-IMG_1892

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. June-Roses-IMG_1891

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. June-Roses-IMG_1895

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. June-Roses-IMG_1894

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. June-Roses-IMG_1896
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 pm

Nice colours MA I love you
Back to top Go down
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Lovely, MA. It certainly looks a happy plant.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 4:22 pm

MA If you buy a named variety would'nt you expect all the flowers to be the same. I don;t know about roses but thats what I'd expect
There are a few beauties amongst all the pics.Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. 2978
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:34 pm

That's really lovely, Mary-Anne. I haven't got Charles Austin yet but he'll have to go on the list. It's beautiful in all its stages.
Oh dear, I got talked into 4 more new roses today, on top of an order I'd put in for 3, and it didn't take much talking, folks. laughing wit tears They are just young own root roses, so will be potted up and planted out next year. They are......
Octavius Weld
General Schablikine
Souvenir d' Un Ami
Rosette Delizy
Mrs B. R. Cant
Reine Des Violettes
MME Antoine Mari
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks Cheryl That's my favourite colour for Roses.. Orange.. I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:30 pm

It is a Happy Plant Fay its so nice to see one of my plants covered in buds

My beautiful red Camp David has died that was Tony's rose..
This pic I took May last year.

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. CopyofCampDavid826_2690-1

So has Sea Foam a gorgeous carpet rose..

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. SeaFoam625_2514

That's three gone now and I see more dieing it's such a shame.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Old age does to the roses Gwen, fades them to a much lighter shade almost cream at times which goes really well with the orange that they are when they first open that's why no two blooms look alike especially when they open up on different days..

Chameleon is the best rose for changing colour Gwen. the flowers change colour from yellow through red or pink and even to white as the flowers gracefully fades
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Its a lovely rose Betty and by far my best DA rose its about 120 cms tall and lovely and bushy..

Talked into more roses today I can't blame you its hard to say no isn't it you have some interesting ones there Betty and there is nothing wrong with own root roses they are probably better than the grafted ones anyway.

And how many roses do you have now Betty.. whistle
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:04 am

Oh WOW!! Camp David is a must have if I ever see it anywhere. What a glorious rose.
I'm getting excited about getting these own rooted roses, I really would prefer every rose here was on its own roots but already a lot aren't.So stop buying the grafted ones, I know, but so far I don't know of places that sell own rooted stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:04 am

Camp David is a delightful red Betty, one thing I did notice about it was in the colder weather here this rose tends to start off as a black bud and as it opens the darker colour stays on some of the leaves and looks like black spots its certainly different.

I was looking at the roses very early this morning and I think I will take a few cuttings of Brass Band and Joy of life and see if they will root as those two standards don't look as good as they used to.

There is one place on line that sells own roots I think its in NSW somewhere, others would know but they don't post anymore mores the shame.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Mary-Anne, I just looked up Brass Band and Joy of life and they both look terrific, so good luck with your cuttings. I've seen some very spectacular photo's of Brass Band.
My own root roses are coming from Deb in NSW, so that could be who you are thinking of.
Golly, the Nursery in town is taking a long time to get more roses in. It was supposed to be the Friday before last and I'm still waiting.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:38 pm

No I am not thinking of Deb I know who you mean though.. No it was a proper on line Nursery.. Pamela would know I think it was her that put the link on for me quite a while back..

I love Brass Band another Orange Rose my favourite colour..I love you

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Colour757_5715

I reminds me of a Flamingo Dancers skirt because when it ages it outer petals go a lighter colour.

Joy of Life does not do well here at all I dont have any pics of it on Photobucket only once has it had the goblet shaped roses its supposed to have, most times they look more like a liquor glass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:57 pm

I have ordered Brass Band this year (amongst others!), it's a lovely bright rose. Your Charles Austin is looking great MA! I have a Camp David, and it's a rich deep red, I love it.
I went to the B shop today and came home with 3 Delbard roses -
Chartreuse de Parme
Maurice Utrillo
France Libre.
What a surprise - I went to buy parsley!
That's 16 new ones, and I wasn't going to buy any at all this year. I am a lost cause Sad
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks for that Val... Gee I am just as bad Laughing
I have to stay away from the garden section of the B shop otherwise I reckon I would come home with half the store Very Happy

I like your new roses Val but of course France Libre is the one I would want I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..   Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charles Austin Blooming Like Crazy..
Page 1 of 1