Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Visit the vet, and the nursery.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Visit the vet, and the nursery. Empty
PostSubject: Visit the vet, and the nursery.   Visit the vet, and the nursery. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Should put that the other way around. I visited the nursery in the town where my vet is first, always good to check out if there are interesting seeds or seedlings there. I got some Pansy - Ruffles(Large heavily ruffled flowers in a rainbow of colour.). Some Pyrethrum-Golden Moss. A new lavender- Munstead, with very nice fragrant foliage. An Eremophila nivea (- an emu bush with silvery grey foliage and showy mauve flowers). Last but not least, some bulbs. Francy Frills double flowering freesias, and some mixed Dutch Iris. Boy, will I be busy collecting seeds from my flowers later on, I won't have time to scratch myself.

My poor old Tam has a very sore rub mark under her cast. It'll heal quick but wouldn't even happen if she didn't do the sheltie spin whenever she's excited. She can be her own worse enemy.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Visit the vet, and the nursery.   Visit the vet, and the nursery. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Pansy ruffles sound good Betty, I hope you have better luck with the Munstead, Lavender than I had up here with the two lots I bought a few years ago, I know Lavender don't like wet feet that's why my French Lavender is in a raised garden bed but I found that Munstead Lavender did not like wet anything or any humidity..

Frilled double freesia they will look pretty, I think the ones I have in the pot are ruffled freesia.

Sorry to hear about your Tam sore rub mark, there is no keeping them still is there, I hope it heals up soon..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Visit the vet, and the nursery.   Visit the vet, and the nursery. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up on Lavender - Munstead (or vice-a-versa). Maybe I'll just pot it and take it undercover on Friday and Saturday, or whenever else it rains. I can actually put it under the edge of the gazebo, where it can still get the sun, but water it myself.
Bet your Freesias will flower long before mine. LOL.

It was funny at the vet's today. Only 3 dogs in the waiting room but all 3 had bandages on their legs. With Tammy her casts are actually just cotton wool, some support material and elastoplast(?) bandaging. The sticky bandages.

Oh, gee, I was really pleased I bought those pansies by the way, I've never fluked getting so many in a punnet before. I'll have to shop there again. He's a nice guy who owns the place anyway. Likes a chat about all sorts of plants.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Visit the vet, and the nursery.   Visit the vet, and the nursery. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:50 am

Maybe the Munstead Lavender will preform better in your climate Betty, up here we get the warmth and humidity at the same time and that's enough to rot anything Very Happy

I think you might be right about the freesias I just went down to take a pic of the orchid so snapped one of it at the same time..

Visit the vet, and the nursery. July-Freesia-IMG_4639

They are coming along very well about 30 cms tall no sign of any thick stems yet.

They say things come in three's Betty.
That's bad enough for a poor dog to put up with though plaster would be a lot worse gasp

Yes its good when you find a few extra in a punnet we often get more when we buy the lettuce seedlings, the best way to bring the customer back especially if he has lots of info as well.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Visit the vet, and the nursery.   Visit the vet, and the nursery. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:34 am

Humid weather is fairly rare in the Wimmera so time will tell what the lavender does. I have a plant or two that has struggled on, just clinging to life, but doing well seeing I never water it.
Your Freesia photo reminded me that I do have Freesias up too, and while they are as advanced as yours, I still think yours might flower first. Those were just some given to me by a friend.
Well, the sheltie wearing the support casts wouldn't be dead for quids. She's the alpha bitch, quite tough for a sheltie(that's the tiger temperament Sheltie breeders speak of) and if she wasn't a happy dog my vet would talk about putting her down no doubt, or I would. I think solid casts would fail no matter where you lived, I know someone in Queensland who tried it with a dog that has the same problem as mine and the humidity, plus abrasions from the cast, caused a massive infection in a short time and it had to be put down, poor boy. This old girl here just powers on, always happy to eat everything in sight, lord it over the other dogs, tell visitors where to go etc.. The vet and I really admire her. When she finally goes at least I'll know we've done all we could for her.

Re the pansies, it's great when the punnets with extras in them are something nice too. banana
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Visit the vet, and the nursery.   Visit the vet, and the nursery. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:59 pm

Good that you have freesia around too, I have odd patches of them in the garden and a rectangle pot full its years old and I have a special yellow one growing in a very large pot with a Bambino Boug it been there for years..

So she is the boss cocky well that's different and a tiger temperament that's interesting, that's sad about that other dog all the same what a way to go..

Our dogs had a good life Betty, that's why I wont have any more pets as I know I cannot look after one and walk it like it should be I know our block is big enough to get enough exercise but that's not what its about really is it, they need to socialize and meet other people and animals..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visit the vet, and the nursery.   Visit the vet, and the nursery. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visit the vet, and the nursery.
Page 1 of 1