Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tomatoes galore.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Tomatoes galore. Empty
PostSubject: Tomatoes galore.   Tomatoes galore. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:31 pm

This morning's trip to pick up my tomato seeds off Mantis was worth while, at least 2 dozen varieties I haven't tried, plus several very healthy seedlings of two I just love, namely Grub's Mystery Green and Tom's Yellow Wonder. banana banana There are other seedlings as well but varieties not known to me.
I was lucky not to go to sleep at the wheel. I went to bed late last night then darn Toby started yipping to me at maybe 5am. Guess who's tired and having a nap? Yeah, the dog, not me! Very Happy Dear boy though, he was just so happy to see me, but he didn't want me to go back to bed and kept up his serenading even after he'd been out to toilet.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Tomatoes galore. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomatoes galore.   Tomatoes galore. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Best of luck with those Betty I have tried a lot of Mantis tomato seeds over the years and the only ones I had luck with were the yellows ones as you know..Grubs Mystery Green were a terrible flop I did get the seeds to germinate though the plants did not grow well at all.. My honest opinion they dont like the longer warmer weather or the humidity or a combination of the both.. I hope you do better with yours... thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Tomatoes galore. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomatoes galore.   Tomatoes galore. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:45 pm

They should be okay here Mary -Anne, I got a reasonable harvest last Summer considering what a bad season it was. It's like anything else in this garden though, if it lives, great, and if it doesn't, well, I've tried.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Tomatoes galore. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomatoes galore.   Tomatoes galore. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Same here Betty.
What grows well in one climate cannot be expected to grow the same in another..
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Tomatoes galore. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomatoes galore.   Tomatoes galore. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomatoes galore.
Page 1 of 1