Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Empty
PostSubject: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 1:50 pm

Plenty of blossoms on this little tree, I dug it up a few weeks back and Tony dragged and planted it in the chook yard for me I am surprised that it survived being a hot day and all and I had to chop all the roots off to about 60cms around the trunk as it was too big to move..

Who knows it could be its last little burst into blossom before it carks it.. gasp

I love blossoms...

Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Nec-Blos-28309-MG_1984

Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Nec-Blos-28309-IMG_1989

Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Nec-Blos-28309-IMG_1983

Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Nec-Blos-28309-IMG_1981

Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Nec-Blos-18309-IMG_1986
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Shocked your not going to murder it are you MA Ack
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:02 pm

Never knew there was such a tree as a tropical nectarine,when do they normally blossom?,and are they deciduous?
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:19 pm

I' ve not heard of a tropical necterine either , maybe its a sub tropical one, there's a big difference.

MA I've never known anyone that moves trees and shrubs around like you do,
When you leave this mortal coil will you be contented to stay where you are put.
Oh I just remembered you are going to be planted .EH.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

No I am trying to keep it alive Cheryl so the chooks can eat all the fruit fly in the fruit..

Richard its all about low chill hours someone had to invent some low chill fruit for us or we would be paying to many $$$ to get them from South of The Border...The Nectarine I have is Tropical Sundowner and yes it is deciduous as you have to prune it three times a year so its leafless quite often Laughing Seriously they are lot of work and not worth having one here because all the fruit get fruit fly in them.. I tried a few things, from covering the entire tree with a frame over which a net curtain was placed and held on the ground with bricks, baits, one year I sewed calico bags, all a total loss.. They won.. club club

No Gwen they are called Tropical..
I am always moving trees and shrubs because if something is not doing well I dig it up and plant elsewhere as there has to be a spot on this block that will appeal to it..

Yes because when I depart I am going under a Rose Bush Just Joey I hope or a similar orange one.. laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Richard
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:45 am

Does sound like a lot of work M A but i agree there are a nice fruit.I've got three different young Nectarines trees that should hopefully produce in the next season or two.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:50 am

I haven't checked my tropical peach yet to see if it has flowers... I'll have a look later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:15 am

They were a very sweet Nectarine too Richard..
Would you believe they produced quite well the year after I planted it and even better the next..

Good Idea Gail as strange things are happening in the garden of late, hippies flowering two weeks back, Wisteria spot flowering all over the Summer..
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:26 am

banana MA you are more persistent then me . If a plant does not thrive, I first threaten it,I tell it to smarten up you.ve got 2 weeks to perform .
If no change in growth behaviour happens ,I turf it.I only want plants that thrive in this habitit.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..   Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tropical Nectarine Blossoms Already..
Page 1 of 1