Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sam update

Go down 
+6
Mary-Anne
Gail
Richard
Betty
Little Miss The Estate
please remove me
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

Sam update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 pm

My first WM mare, Angie, was inbred to Coed Coch Proffwyd(Imp), Pamela. Also, Karli is a Coed Coch Senig(imp) granddaughter, while Digby is a Coed Coch Hyder (Imp) grandson, with Coed Coch Gwyndaf(imp) a further generation removed on his dam's side. Love the bloodlines I love you but love it more that Digby's a liver chestnut and she's a bay. No sign of cancer in Karli at age 26 1/2, whereas my grey mare was riddled with it when she died. I'll never have another grey, or a white cat for that matter, and even my favorite breed of dog, the ACD, born white, suffers a lot with all sorts of cancers. Wrong animals for this country in my opinion, they need as much protection from the sun as we do.
Is Kev pure Coed Coch? I would love to see her pedigree, I probably have photo's here of a lot that is behind her. Oh, if you want to check Kev for cancer, one of the common places for it to appear is under the tail. Any lumps you see that shouldn't be there should be checked out. Angie ended up with them there, then one on her neck, one under her forelock, but it was a big fast growing tumour that threatened to interfere with her windpipe that led to me putting her down. Wish I could remember when they started showing up but I can't.
Back to top Go down
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:41 am

pamela the photos of sam are so cute! she sounds like a typical puppy, is it 21/2 months already? and lachie looks so cute there with mum and keva, such a little cutie oh gosh yes after reading what betty said i'd be worried for the poor little fellow in with the big horses, he's so little I love you
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 am

Cheryl

The little girl's family who dressed her as the Arabian Princess have not given me permission and as they are in every shot and they are well known people, (or at least one is) it is better not to post a pic. She looks gorgeous. The little girl was miffed about having to wear a helmet under her flowing robes.

I will give Kev a good brush and feel for lumps Betty.

Wow re your bloodlines and colours. Wish you lived closer to me as I'd love to meet your Welshies.

Here is Kev's pedigree on the Welsh site but it only goes back to grandparents.
https://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i4.dll?1=3C322E3D&2=2420&3=56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5D5B275B5826232125&9=515A5B5B

The Coed Coch lines are one generation back from there with Coed Coch Asa, Coed Coch Bari, Coed Coch Nerod and the rest are mostly from the Nattai stud.

I have to register Lachie but he has to be branded first and that has held me up as I think I have to get the vet to do it and I do not have a brand .... it is in the "too hard" basket ATM but I am going to a Welsh club meeting next Thursday so I will ask there.
Back to top Go down
tessa
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
tessa

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:39 am

I love you I love you I love you

they're all so beautiful.
sam and rosie and lachie and elle and kevarose.
there is NOTHING like sharing the company of animals.

your place is looking really nice, pamela, and your family is big and obviously happy. i must admit...i'm soooo jealous.
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:49 am

and all that green grass I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:02 am

I do say I live in paradise.

I just wish I could give some water to Betty.

I can never complain again about anything after seeing her dam!
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:22 am

yes it is very sad Pamela Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 am

Pamela, you should be able to see any lumps a grey has under the tail, they are usually on the underneath of it. I hope she has none. I have bought up Kev's pedigree and will extend it right out. I love studying WM pedigrees. Will get back to this subject when I have done that. Bari was a lovely pony with very old Coed Coch lines behind him.
t's interesting. I just flipped through Wynne Davies little book of Welsh Champions (at the Royal Welsh Show) and on the opposite page to Bari is a photo of Coed Coch Glenda, 4 generations back from Digby, and she has almost identical colour and markings to him. Chestnut with 4 stockings(although one of hers may be a partial stocking) and an almost identical baldy face marking. I knew there was some link in his pedigree to Bari and it's that 4 generations back is Coed Coch Saled, a full brother to Bari. Funnily enough, Digby has none of the old Nattai ponies in his pedigree. Don't think I've noticed that before. My first mare was full of those lines as she was by Nattai Borealis 2nd, out of Nattai Peony. Anyway, ages since I've extended a pedigree so I will do a 7 generation one for your mare. Looks like she has a lot of colour behind her too.
Hope you get the branding sorted out. Do you have a prefix? Or a brand registered?

Don't worry about our dam, ladies, worry instead about any fish, yabbies and tortoises that are in it. The water birds will get the yabbies and any fish that aren't too big, but I feel sorry for the tortoises.
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Oh the tortoises .. I love them and 'rescue' them here occasionally.

I have nothing for Lachie. No brands or prefix or anything but as I said, I am going to a Welsh club meeting next week and I will ask for help.

Someone told me the vet could freeze brand him and use the brand of the vets. I'd be happy to make one up but apparently it costs motza to do that and I may never breed another foal.

Would love your advice.

After saying how 'less than bright' Kev was she was the first to get to the food tonight. They all have their own food in the evenign with special supplements from John Konke for Elle's palamino color and Kev's cresty neck (it's working for both!!!) and Lachie still has Breeder. One of them needs to go into the hill paddock and one to the home paddock and one to the other side of the home paddock and the first to bed fed is the hill paddock which means galloping away from the feed to the gate - Kev was first tonight so she must have been hungry. Maybe she is not so dumb afterall???
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:09 pm

I really don't know what will happen to the tortoises as there will not be water anywhere in this district uinless it's in stock troughs. And, if I rescue them, I really don't know where I can put them. Probably over in the river at Horsham.
Hope there isn't a time limit on registering Lachie. I'm a Life Member of the Welsh Pony & Cob Soc. of Aust. and live too far away to attend meetings down here, worse luck. Haven't read the regulations for so long as I'm not up to date with the stud books. Think I only have up to Vol.8 & 9.

See, you should never speak ill of Kev, Elle is the blonde in your family. And Sam. LOL.

I enjoyed studying Kev's pedigree. Some of the ponies that certain people liked, and inbred heavily to, are a bit closer up in my pedigrees here, for example where Coed Coch Madog starts appearing on the 6th generation in Kev's pedigree, he is in Karli's 4th generation. The mare Criban Nyth Imp. too, in her 3rd generation compared to the 5th in Kev's. But of course Karli is an old mare. Angie, my first mare, had Coed Coch Proffwyd Imp.(a Madog son) as her paternal grandsire, and as both maternal great grandsires, so very close up. Nattai Moonlight appears there too way back in Kev's and that amused me as we owned a son of his for a while, a jet black colt out of Nattai Qwaddol(sp?). An interesting exercise anyway finding out the lovely old lines Kev carries. It's a who's who of the Nattai ponies on her dam's side, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:55 am

Thanks Betty - this is all new to me about these pony bloodlines. All I know is that she has genes for the sweetest temperament. Can be a bit of a diva such as when she went away for two months to wean Lachie and did not want anyone to put a girth under her belly (no where near her teats and being careful not to pull them) and when she came home she told me she was thinking about kicking me when I put her winter rug straps under her belly. Of course I said "forget it". With long lapses of floating she can also say "I dont do that" and huf and puff but you can say "forget it".

Elle also has some lovely bloodlines in the quarter horse Doc lines but was never registered. I'd like to register her and take her in some led palomino classes. She is a pretty colour and has lovely dapples.

I will phone the Welsh club and ask about time limits for Lachie
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:58 am

Betty

How did you study Kev's pedigree? I have a written copy but Coed Coch Maddog is not on it?? But I only go back 4 generations on her written pedigree.

What was the story with the Nattai ponies?
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:31 am

Pamela, you gave me the info on all pedigrees, and thanks for that. When you bring up hers, up the top, just above the pedigree you'll see Sire bloodlines, then Dam bloodlines, with (View) beside them, you can carefully work your way right back to the unknown ponies that started the breed. Naturally they all have to trace back to them, some to Welshies that roamed the mountains in Wales, some to a mixture of breeds here in Australia, but anyway, bred up through foundation stock(FS), then FS1 and FS2. The interesting thing for me was that my old ponies, like the mare and stallion with pure Nattai lines, are not on the database, they probably realise they would be dead by now or just haven't finished doing it.
I haven't the time to say much about the Nattai ponies, I have to go shopping today. They were bred by Lady Creswick, virtually the founder for the breed in this state, maybe even the country. I don't know how it would have become established without her actually.
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:33 am

Thanks Betty - I did not know about that link. Thank you!!

Kev and her sister were bred in Tilba Tilba by a man called Kev, of course :-) Her sister was chestnut and very pretty also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam update   Sam update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sam update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2