Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another Garden Path..

Go down 
+4
Little Miss The Estate
Karingal
Gail
Mary-Anne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Another Garden Path.. Empty
PostSubject: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:38 pm

After the drizzly rain stopped this morning I decided to make a start on the shorter path around the other side of the house Tony wanted me to start it in line with the concrete base of the steel posts but they were not in line were they, actually nothing was in line not even my little brick edge garden.. Sad

First off I had to rake away all that bark that Tony and I chopped into pieces over the years for walking on

Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0491

The soil was firm there even though it was wet so I got my new stool that I commissioned Tony to make for me yesterday Laughing strong and light so I can cart it around all the time pine and three ply how good is that Another Garden Path.. BlueJumpingMan

Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0499

It was just the right height and I used it a lot today. I managed to lay a small section of pavers before lunch

Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0512

I am amazed that the kangaroo paw is so healthy as that garden bed is saturated.
A long way to go yet actually this path is only 13 meters so it wont take long to do

Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0537

So much for the five brick wide path that was not going to work as the meter box stuck out too far so I raked more bark away leveled it out put more sand down and two more bricks wider, that Earth wire thingy in the copper pipe is going to be a pain too more cutting out why cant it be simple and easy with nothing in the way like the other side sigh
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:53 pm

After a longer lunch gee I did need a break my back was killing me.
I managed to do a bit more but the going was slow as I was using recycled sand
And I had to take the stones out of it first Crying or Very sad

Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0541

Tony is going to take that path across the front to my path going down Question
Two different levels don't ask gasp he said a ramp hammer Laughing Laughing
And I have to move the brick edge of that garden to the edge of the path
This time the path is going to have a one brick standing up edge against the house.

Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0540

I wonder how the back will be tomorrow and if I will be doing any more laughing wit tears
Only time will tell... whistle whistle
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 4:51 am

Looking good and it will be somewhere dry and clean to walk on thumb2

I wonder what the next job will be... if you're like us, one job always leads to another. We finished our path along the side of the house a couple of months ago but it means that now some gardens have to be rearranged and I reckon some new pots would look good on the edge and a few more pavers around the corner a bit and ... oh well, they say a garden is never finished winky-winky
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Karingal
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Karingal

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:03 am

You are doing a excellent job, Mary-Anne. I love your stool...I use a small plastic chair in the garden...very handy for jobs such as yours. Keep us posted with the progress, but don't overdo it...remember the back.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:47 am

Well it's not my back that hurting today Girls its all down the right side gee my shoulder feels bad, not to worry Tony had just rubbed some cream into it so its will be jake mate.. Now I can imagine how his shoulders feel after working under the floorboards for three weeks screwing that insulation into the hardwood bearers believe me its hard wood I know, you would not believe how many drill bits I snapped off drilling the holes for the thick nails to fix the noggins in between the bearers when we were building the house.. I can see why Tony has taken this week off and helped me with the pruning and shredding, making me a stool and yesterday he was my lackey bringing me the barrows of sand stacking the bricks close to me as I can only carry two at a time now and the rest of the time he barrowed pavers over from the neighbours across the road so many barrows I felt sorry for him seeing I had the easy job..

Its back under the house for Tony today he still has to finish taping the insulation where each roll over laps, once again I have the better job.

Gail I have no idea well yes I do we are thinking of raising the Roses bed even higher that will look strange though so what we may do is move all the Gerbera to the Rose bed and make the Gerbera a lot wider for what is left of the Roses ..

Thanks Fay I have been feeling good the past few days so I have to work when I am this way.. I have a few stools they are small but so heavy and I hate lugging them around this one I can pick up so easy *At last the Inventor has listened to me* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:17 am

Where do you find all the energy MA, I am tied just looking and reading your post, great job so far, well done thumb2 flower flower
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:39 am

Well Cheryl I was having a good day, energy that's what I have that seat there for as I run out of it a lot whistle whistle
Got to get started my daughter rang for a chat and I am still here..
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Getting it done quicker today.. This Earth Wire thingy is a jolly nuisance Tony has not got time to cut that paver.

Another Garden Path.. June-PathIMG_0550

See how much I have done now..

Another Garden Path.. June-PathIMG_0553

This is all I have left to do about 3 metres up to those two pavers standing up. banana banana

Another Garden Path.. June-PathIMG_0548

Lunch time over so back to work...
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:04 am

Finished it yesterday Girls all I need now is for Tony to find time to cut those odd shaped pavers
He is still very busy, but today is a rest day you cannot keep going when you get to this age..
I took this yesterday when he was under the house tapeing the edges of the insulation..

Very out of focus pic Laughing
Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0556

He is laying on the reclining trolley he made and he scoots along there on the green rubber tarp
When he comes to the end of it he goes back and puts that tarp further on then the trolley on agian
About one more days work under there he reckons, he still has to fix up the edges.
Got Into the second box of 1000 screw, I can see why his shoulders were so sore as its hardwood.

Oh yes that path took this pic when I finished.

Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0561

And this one later when I had swept in the sand to go down the joins.
Looks just that little bit better dont you think I wish I could cut the pavers..

Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0583

Down the other end I decided not to bring the path to the start of that garden bed
As it was not made straight and would not look the best.
The path will be alright with a little sloped concrete edge at the end when those half pavers get cut.

Another Garden Path.. June-Path-IMG_0582

Next project.. Taking the Grandchildren out a few times during the holidays that will wear me out.
Teenagers have so much energy I get tired just looking at then running around, and trying to catch up
Got to get more use out of those annual passes to Seaworld we gave them for Christmas
Still got a few weeks to get fit for that .. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:19 am

You made a beautiful neat job of it, Mary-Anne. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Marleneann
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Marleneann

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:43 am

Mmmm I want some paths made too.

How much per hour do you charge Mary-Anne? laughing wit tears

Great job thumb2
Back to top Go down
http://home.iprimus.com.au/marleneann/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks Betty.. Dont know about neat but it will do as its only a garden path winky-winky

Only love jobs Marlene its called Blood Sweat and Tears I could not do it for anyone else lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:01 am

Looks great MA, sure Tony was not sleeping on the job, she looks rather comfy whistle Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am

Thanks Cheryl... No he was pealing the paper edge off the roll of tape, looks that way though laughing wit tears laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:20 am

thumb2 You have both done a great job. The path looks great and I hope all the work done under the house will improve the living inside.I think you work so well together and compliment each other.Another Garden Path.. 1006
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:14 am

It gives you a good feeling when you finish a job and say that you did that... beats getting someone in to do it for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Terrific job, MA! Such straight lines and so neat. You've both done really well, and teamwork is great!
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:18 pm

I really appreciate all the input here everyone and encouragement as it getting so hard to do these jobs now, its a bugga getting old, but not a thing I can do about it Sad So Many Thanks.

Gwen yes I have noticed a difference of a morning when I hop out of bed the floorboards are not as cold which means the house is warmer also..

Gail it does gives us a good feeling mind you I have to brush more sand between the pavers as the thunderstorm/rain we had Sunday morning has washed it right down between the spaces with is good..

There is a bit of a bulge near that earth wire thingy Val but when it comes time for Tony to put a concrete edge on the garden side he will bang it all in with a long length of timber..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Garden Path..   Another Garden Path.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Garden Path..
Page 1 of 1