Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My garden update part 1

Go down 
+7
otamot
Richard
Pitta
Admin
Mary-Anne
Little Miss The Estate
Gail
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:57 pm

When it's been dry for too long I say to myself that every day without rain is one day closer... doesn't help much but any little bit of hope is better than none.
Back to top Go down
http://www.savethemaryriver.com/
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Little Miss The Estate wrote:
I have enough tables and chairs to play musical chairs Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oi VAL I have 2 chairs for you BTW thumbs-up

Excellent!! Thanx Cheryl, that didn't take long!
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:17 pm

never does Val, must be that angel looking out for me thumb2
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:22 pm

We have a lot too Cheryl, there is 21 in the house more out on the decking the garden the shed puppy
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Come in handy for parties ect... Cocktail Hate cleaning the cobbies off them though affraid
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Cheryl , I have to ask,What is a Wissy, is that just Cheryl Speak.

My garden update part 1 - Page 2 1645
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:56 pm

Betty wrote:
Believing it will be a wet year is like believing in the tooth fairy or santa claus I think.

you sound like me betty, i never believe it's going to rain unless i see it. they forecast showers here this week, i didnt notice any showers but they always seem to exaggerate, and these forecast "showers" often turn out to be nothing more than a couple of spits for 10 seconds that dry up before they hit the ground Rolling Eyes

but here's hoping for you that it is a wet winter because you guys over there really need it. the good thing about being sceptical is if it is a wet year it will be a nice surprise thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 pm

pitta i think that's cheryl speak for wisteria Smile
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Pitta wrote:
Like a Star @ heaven Cheryl , I have to ask,What is a Wissy, is that just Cheryl Speak.

My garden update part 1 - Page 2 1645

Wisteria Rolling Eyes

My garden update part 1 - Page 2 IMG_2924

Memories when I have green weed/lawn club

My garden update part 1 - Page 2 IMG_2797
Back to top Go down
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:15 pm

it looks beautiful thee! it wont be long now and winter will be back cheers no green lawn but everything else will be
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:25 pm

After the rains last week ota the tiny patch of lawn up the front, blue buff. grass has turned green and has new growth gasp
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:52 am

Kerrie and I are placing seats around the yard - I think we will have to use primarily metal ones. White ants eat anything timber in this place - and if they do not then dry rot seems to.
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:04 am

Funny Dan, I dont use the seats here much but look nice in the gardens winky-winky
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 am

Same here Daniel..
Back to top Go down
Garden Dan
Assistant Gardener
Assistant Gardener
Garden Dan

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:21 am

When I saw the white wrought iron seats at Gail's i thought they are nice, better look around for some. I do not like sitting on them but they look pretty sitting under the vegetation like that.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:54 am

Even though the termites like the odd chew I still prefer the timber look. If you choose the right wood, it lasts much longer... we have some stumps that have been sitting on the ground well over 10yrs (here and previous place) and still as solid as when first cut... no sign of the nibblers or rot.
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:07 am

Gail sorry I have been busy. The poincianas are so elegant and inviting to sit under - or a nice hammock to read a book but I guess like me, you do not have time for that :-)

I need some seats in my garden too and like you, I like wood and informality. I find the ironbark does not get eaten although the person who works for me is not keen on using it as you cannot nail into it. I buy it from the local sawmill for about the same price as treated pine in any size I ask for although I have to wait until they are cutting an ironbark tree and then I have to work out how to get it home - horse float comes in handy :-)
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:08 am

I wonder what happened to the reply I posted yesterday about trying to get some ironbark I must have forgotten to press send hammer our timber guy who we bought all the timber for the house has shut his business so has the guy who owned the 2nd hand yard that we bought the odd piece of decent hardwood from.. Guess we will have to look elsewhere..

I am the same I love the timber seats and bridges around the garden anything else does not look natural, Tony keeps replacing the slats on the bridge but once the posts go then that will be the end of it..
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:55 am

banana Cheryl your wisterias is just dreamy.
Yes Cheryl ,Age means nought to me .I may not be so able physically BUT I think I am still fine mentally, then again one could be nuts and not know it.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks Gwen, at time I think I have the same problem Laughing Laughing Laughing but then again I'm happy so who cares cheers
Back to top Go down
Gail
Gardener
Gardener
Gail

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:57 am

Wish I could get more logs cut into stumps as they make great seats either by themselves or with a plank of wood across the top. As long as they are heavy enough, they don't even need to be permanently fixed. That is what we have done along the path so we can stop and sit for a while for a break if we are working around that area. Same as the bigger logs we are using as garden edges in some areas. They are wide enough to sit on for a 5 minute breather.
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:24 am

We have two red cedar stools fits two bought them for $1 each down the tip, I sanded them a little Tony put all new screws/bolts in them so I cart one of them everywhere when working out in the garden as they are so light.

Gail the stumps of trees make good seats we have one of those I sit on often too.
I like the idea you used for bench seats too thumbs-up thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My garden update part 1   My garden update part 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My garden update part 1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2