Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.

Go down 
+6
otamot
Little Miss The Estate
Karingal
please remove me
Mary-Anne
Betty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks betty, i'll give her a cuddle for you. She's a great little pet and house dog but i reckon it would be a nightmare showing them. i'd say rommie's breeder spends a good part of her week just maintaining her show dogs and yep like you said they cant lead a normal life and just run around outdoors and get into a mess, and actually the breeder even told me that after a couple of years the dogs themselves get fed up with it, the brushing and grooming and wraps and she retires them from the show then when she can tell they've had enough.

originally i was keeping rommie's coat at about 3 inches long - it looked very cute and i was planning on keeping her that way but it 's quite a thick coat and mats up so easily and with the stumpy little nose they do feel the heat so that didnt last very long! so over summer she's had much shorter hair just so she could be comfortable and run around and play and do all the things that dogs like to do and it's meant she can deal with the hot weather much much better..

i think you dodged a bullet by not getting that shih tzu betty! Very Happy great little dogs to have as a pet though and such a fun little personality. They're said to be "a big dog in a small dogs body" and it is so true.

Thanks maryanne, they are a really pretty breed, i fall in love with her everytime i look into that little face. I love you
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Thanks for telling me what Rommie's breeder does, and says about the breed, Ot. Yes, I was told the coat had to be in wraps, and the dog had to be on clean sheets, that it couldn't run around on grass etc.. Not much fun for the dog, whereas the shelties can do whatever they like, or you want them to do. A long time ago, when I worked on a horse stud, they had a shih tzu there, also two Afghan Hounds. Fell in love with both breeds.
Back to top Go down
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:34 pm

no i dont think it would be much fun for the dogs at all Sad i even wonder if they would even know how to have fun and be a normal dog after their show career is over, it must be so strange for them to all of a sudden be allowed outdoors to run about when it's something they've never done before Question

at least with your shelties they get to be normal dogs in between the shows which is much healthier for the dogs i think thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:18 am

She is a real cutie I love you
Back to top Go down
otamot
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
otamot

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:23 am

thanks thee I love you
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:04 am

Gorgeous Sheltie....MrJ had one some years ago...lovely dogs. The Shih tzu is really cute as well.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:31 am

He takes after his lovely dad, Jennywren, just a shame they let his ears go up. I haven't tried to tip them over but I might one day just to get a really nice photo of him. I will wait till he coats up again. Do you have any photo's of Mr J's sheltie?
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:00 pm

I used to have one that I scanned in....it was before digital camera days...but don't have it on my computer any more. If I come across a photo I shall scan it and post it. She was a tri colour.
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:09 pm

MrJ had a photo in his study, so I took a photo of the photo...Smile Not very good, but hopefully good enough, Betty.

Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Tammy002Medium
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Great looking puppy Jenny thumb2
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:44 pm

Lovely little girl, Jennywren, do you recall which kennel she came from?She's actually not a tricolour though , she's a shaded sable. Even this bitch, dark as she looks, is just a dark shaded sable. She has what is called a smutty (dark coloured) muzzle as well which makes her more towards a tri, but still shaded sable.

Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 _DearShady

Her son here is another shaded sable.

Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Brightnessandcontrastsharpen

This one, however, belonging to my sister, is a tricolour. Tricolours must be an intense black on the body.

Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 MVC-007F
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:38 pm

I must have got it wrong...or they told us wrong. I can't remember the name of the place we got her, somewhere in Southern River, WA. Had and probably still have her pedigree which would give me the information, but goodness knows where it is now..Sad

I had a little Papilion at the same time, they were good mates....as long as the Sheltie did as she was told..Smile
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:41 pm

My big Sis has just got another Pap. doggie, I took pics last night still have to download them all Ack
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:44 pm

I would love to see your Papillon photos, Little Miss The Estate.

Betty...those dogs are gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Jennywren wrote:
I must have got it wrong...or they told us wrong. I can't remember the name of the place we got her, somewhere in Southern River, WA. Had and probably still have her pedigree which would give me the information, but goodness knows where it is now..Sad

I had a little Papilion at the same time, they were good mates....as long as the Sheltie did as she was told..Smile

They may have told you wrong, depends on how many litters they'd bred or whether they associated with knowledgeable Sheltie breeders/exhibitors. Doesn't matter anyway, she was lovely. I laughed at what you said about the Pap. I had a long coat Chihuahua in my pack here, she weighed only 5 lb, yet she kept my big cattle dogs behaving too. Beejay used to torment her and often would find little Jedda clinging to her cheek. A very game little dog. Here she is with Candy, Beejay's mum, and can't honestly recall why I'd popped them in a cage together. It's a very old photo. We nicknamed her "The Munchkin", she was our little mascot around the shows, attracting a lot of attention.
Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 CandyandherlittlemateJedda
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:49 am

She is really sweet Betty, I do like little puppy
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:35 am

Gosh, how cute is that little one, Betty..Smile

I don't think the little dogs know they are little. I remember she loved to walk, could take her out for a 2 hour walk, get back home and she would be ready to go again when MrJ got home from work....she loved her walks.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Jedda was a little darling, Jenny.

Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Jedda

My big red male Australian Cattle Dog was in love with her and would sashay up quietly, with his rabbit ears on, all excited, then gently lick her on the head. She thought she could outrun the cattle dogs, and if you weren't careful she'd aim for a suicidal leap out of your arms, she was totally fearless. Just a little handful of a dog and very sadly missed.
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:26 pm

What a cutie!
Back to top Go down
Little Miss The Estate
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Little Miss The Estate

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:27 pm

She was certainly a real sweetie Betty I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:17 pm

thumb2 ALL ovely dogs I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:20 pm

She is a real cutie, Betty.

This was my Pap. "Tippy". Gosh, seeing that photo again, makes me want another..Sad
Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 TippyENHMedium
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:53 pm

What a sweetie, Jenny, and I know how you feel. After I had Jedda put down, every time I saw someone carrying a Chihuahua at a show, I wished I still had her. For such little dogs they leave a big gap when they go, don't they?
Back to top Go down
Jennywren
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Jennywren

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:57 pm

They certainly do, Betty. I think they must have more personality than the larger dogs to make up for their size..Smile
Back to top Go down
please remove me
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:02 pm

They are gorgeous. Maybe when Sam grows up I will consider getting a second dog and I would love a little 'mouser' as I hate using the Talon baits but I have to. My riding instructor has these two gorgeous little Jack Russell cross dogs who are totally focussed on mouse/ rat smells and although they only spend 5 minutes out of her car after my lesson, she has killed one.

I adore your avatar Ota - what a darling!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.   Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lovely boy, but defiant. Update on Bo, formerly Callum.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next