Garden Delights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our social gardening forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..

Go down 
+3
Betty
Pitta
Mary-Anne
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks Girls... Betty this afternoon we found it down near the chook yard and as I creeped up to it as I only had the macro lens on it flew away.. duh

Anyway I did a search and its not a White Heron
Its a Intermediate Egret Ardea intermedia Embarassed Well I think it is

http://dl.id.au/g.php?c=1&i=56

That tells you how much Tony knows about Birds laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears laughing wit tears
Back to top Go down
http://asunny-day.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:31 am

Of course it's an egret, Mary-Anne, which fact didn't even occur to me when you said a white heron. I just thought what a lovely photo it is. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:32 am

I did.t think about the name either I was so impressed withe the splendid photo.
Back to top Go down
http://gwen4gardens.blogspot.com/
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am

3 for today. Let me know if you can't view Crocus rose fully, I couldn't.
Gold Bunny.
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 4th_de10

Crocus Rose
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 4th_de13

Claire Rose
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 4th_de12
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:09 am

Lovely blooms Roses .and you work so hard to have blooms like that
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:56 am

No problems Betty I can see the three of them.. All very pretty.. I love you
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:25 am

Pitta wrote:
Lovely blooms Roses .and you work so hard to have blooms like that
It's called a labour of love, Gwen, plus a lot of frustration, and cursing about bad weather or aphids. My sister has given me some nice roses but they can't be planted out till next Autumn. I'll have quite a collection by then to go into the ground, given my bad habit of calling in at plant nurseries. LOL. I wish the local one would hurry up with my Vanguard rose, one they are growing from a cutting for me. It's a beauty. This is a photo of it taken last year at the nursery.

Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 3rd_no10
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:27 am

My silly camera finally accepted the colour of this Abracadabra rose bud, also the red one, but was refusing to accept blues and pinks today. club
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 5th_de10

I don't know the name of this one, it was given to me via my sister by a friend of hers who was getting rid of some of his roses. Any idea what it might be, Mary-Anne?
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 5th_de11
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Oh That Abracadabra rose is so beautiful Betty..

Sorry I have no idea what that red rose is..
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:24 pm

'Tis lovely, I agree, Mary-Anne, a real Picaso sort of rose. I don't mind really if I never get the name of the red rose, I'm still happy to have it.
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:51 am

Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 911556 I know the name of that red Rose , its caled "Betty's Joy"
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:50 am

Betty I agree anyway there are too many red roses in my book of roses and 75% of them all look the jolly same..gasp

Sounds good to me too Gwen..
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:55 am

Gwen's right though, that one is a joy to own. I can't understand Ed ever parting with it. It's only drawback from memory is that it mightn't have a perfume. My favorite of course is Papa Meilland.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:04 am

Something different now, the rugosa rose Roseraie de l Hay. They say it has a lovely fragrance, so I must take time to check that out. It's only small so will stay potted till next Autumn.
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Rosera10
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:17 pm

Oh well done Betty! I had 2 Roseraie de L'Hay and 1 died. The other one is doing OK and in a bed now. It had a flower but it was during a few days of rain so I didn't get a picture of it. They are supposed to grow very large Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com/
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Very pretty Betty and certainly different.
I have never grown a Rugosa rose though heard a lot about them.
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Val wrote:
Oh well done Betty! I had 2 Roseraie de L'Hay and 1 died. The other one is doing OK and in a bed now. It had a flower but it was during a few days of rain so I didn't get a picture of it. They are supposed to grow very large Shocked

The flower or the plant grows large? I will put the plant somewhere it can do its own thing perhaps. LOL. Val, you should add your roses to this thread, it's not about my roses but roses down south(from Queensland.) You know I like to use your photo's to make out my shopping list. whistle
You might know, what would make Valencia put out a flower with petals like this?
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 13th_d11
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:11 pm

Betty, I have no idea why Valencia has petals like that. The only thing I've heard of that can cause deformities in roses is if a little weedkiller spray gets blown on to them accidentally.
OK, I don't need much encouragement to put my roses on here! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Here's a few,

Maurice Utrillo, a new one for me and a fabulous rose (If you like stripies!)
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 P1010033-1

Kronenbourg - one of my favourites
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 P1010032-1-1

Oklahoma - tall and fragrant
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 P1010034-1

Big Purple, a beauty.
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 P1010035-1

Rose of Narromine. Another newie and I'm in love with it.
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 P1010008-1

Camp David, a lovely red.
Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 P1010022-1-1
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:58 pm

It will have to remain a mystery, Val, I don't use weed killer.
Where are those photo's? Laughing Don't want to be pushy(much). Darn, you just beat me to it!
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:59 pm

LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Betty
Gardener
Gardener
Betty

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:12 pm

I only have Oklahoma out of that group. Rose of Narromine is lovely, I'd kill to have the striped Maurice Utrillo too. My Camille Pissarro is flowering and my camera can't cope with the stripes unfortunately. Some of the striping on yours looks tulip-like. Do Kronenbourg and Camp David have good perfume?
Back to top Go down
Mary-Anne
Unionized Gardener
Unionized Gardener
Mary-Anne

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 am

Very pretty Val I wish banana banana

I like the Rose of Narromine but I think everyone knows my Favourite colour for roses is orangery yellow colours..

I only have Camp David out of all of those, make that I did have it, as it and my favourite rose Just Joey died this year from that terrible scale they got.. Crying or Very sad

Just one question about Camp David Val mine was a very dark red bordering towards the black as a bud, is it your camera that makes it look pink Question

And these pics have been on before whistle

Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 CopyofCampDavid826_2690-1

Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Rose-101_0913-1
Back to top Go down
Pitta
Gardener
Gardener
Pitta

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:06 am

Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 341816 Boy Val you have glorious Roses . that 1 st stripy one is amazing and no3 that dark colour is wonderful. Just as well they wont do well here as I'd be an addict ...Ma your Roses also are so beautiful .I have had my dose of beauty to last me all day, Thanks .Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 2978 Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 2982
Back to top Go down
Val
Garden Sherpa
Garden Sherpa
Val

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Yes MA, it's the camera and the light that makes CD look light, it's darker than that.

Betty, Kronenbourg doesn't have a perfume that I can detect, but Camp David does.

Gorgeous photos, MA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..   Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet.. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Southern Roses Blooming Yet..
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next